Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 and Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
unique is on a distinguished roadunique is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I agree and disagree with what you are saying here.
Yes, the GT2 is priced correctly for what it delivers. Many of the ferrari's do seem overpriced, and I have no interest at all in Lambo's. I have tracked the 458 and scud, so did my wife. We both felt that my GT2 was both faster and handled much better than either car. They did have a slightly higher fun factor but that might be the combination of instant and violent throttle response along with the amazing exhaust note. The GT2 wins in all the other categories. I drive my car 250 miles to a track event, then track it all day, and finally drive it all the way home with never a problem.
My neighbor had a ferrari 360 CS and hated it. Get a ferrari once to get it out of your system, but then just stick with porsche.
Even though I want a ferrari, I can't justify ever getting one. It just does not justify the costs for how useable it will be for me. I almost leased a SCUD or 458 for just 1 year and it would of cost me 70 to 80k, all costs included.

On the other hand a know a few ferrari owners that love their cars and will always get the next new model along with having other high end cars. I don't think they are morons for liking or buying them. It works for them as they have different needs and wants from their cars than I. Although I have been guilty of thinking people as morons for buying cars that I feel are crap.

Did not really mean to offend the ferrari owners by any means, just my opinion since i owned a ferrari and have many other friends that are loyal ferrari guys and always have the newest ferrari on order. They are actually smart guys because you cant be a complete moron and have the means to afford something like a ferrari. I just believe that there perception is skewed due to marketing put behind something like a ferrari, even the way the actual physical car looks is part of the marketing scheme for the brand. they make shiny cool looking cars that have almost no function for the "race car" look they go for. I too owned a ferrari and got it of my system, I think everyone needs to experience them to truly appreciate a function-able awesome car like a gt2. I had similar experiences in my gt3 rs which developed my passion for porsche, I would drive 150 miles to the track, drive the living crap out of the car and drive it back. I did this countless times, goodluck doing that in ANY ferrari. After the gt3rs i got into the ferrari....... I cannot explain how much of a piece of crap it was. Mine was modded to shit, and it was enjoyable at first with all the attention and noises the car made, but thats all it was, jsut a cool fast car and nothing more. I drove my friends 458 2 nights ago, and it was just the way better version of a 430, much more refined and driveable. It still felt like I would brake it though and it still was not as amazing as my gt2.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Your words are not offensive, actually find them very insightful and interesting.
Glad to hear someone also feels the GT2 is a better performer than even the 458 or Scud. Its really not talked about to much.
Cheers Mate

Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unique
Guys,

what are the primary mods for cooling purposes in order for longer track time without causing heat damage. I ordered the rs intercoolers, anything else??
Where are you located? Somewhere that gets very hot?

Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I feel the same for the GT2 and I've never driven one.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Where are you located? Somewhere that gets very hot?
southern california... tracks get hot down hear, up to 100 degrees at some like willowsprings

Old 01-25-2013, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
So am I. Are you in LA or SD? If in LA you should check out RSS they can do all your mods in house. Great group of guys there.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Are the RS ICs plug n play?

Old 01-25-2013, 04:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by unique
Guys,

what are the primary mods for cooling purposes in order for longer track time without causing heat damage. I ordered the rs intercoolers, anything else??
Unfortunately these motors get very hot, the way the VTG set up works means the air has to be forced into the engine under high boost to work with the expansion manifold and give you the power. There is a high back pressure in the exhaust manifolds, it all contributes to high temperatures.

The ECU and sensor set up is very clever and the engine will always be safe but in your 100F tracks you would lose 50+hp (from the quoted 530 DIN) with a stock motor.

The 7tt.2/RS intercoolers are a good step.

One of these below is also a good modification for heat management, PWR water rad, replaces stock item, used by Porsche Motorsports (on GT3s), not expensive. PM me if you want product code etc.

Name:  frontrad.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  174.4 KB

Old 01-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by TB993tt
Unfortunately these motors get very hot, the way the VTG set up works means the air has to be forced into the engine under high boost to work with the expansion manifold and give you the power. There is a high back pressure in the exhaust manifolds, it all contributes to high temperatures.

The ECU and sensor set up is very clever and the engine will always be safe but in your 100F tracks you would lose 50+hp (from the quoted 530 DIN) with a stock motor.

The 7tt.2/RS intercoolers are a good step.

One of these below is also a good modification for heat management, PWR water rad, replaces stock item, used by Porsche Motorsports (on GT3s), not expensive. PM me if you want product code etc.

hey brother,

you are awesome pm sent