Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Market price of 996 GT2/3

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Thanks, but this is the kind of expensive garage queen that I am trying to avoid. For 80K I would step it up a little more and get an F car.

I am looking for 30K mile red or yellow one. Red or yellow only. If there's a green or orange I would consider that too.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Good that means when I win the lottery I can buy it

That's awesome how you are not afriad in a little mileage.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
the 3 will be your best bet considering your desired price point. the market has gotten softer on these as of late (the nutters living in fantasy land notwithstanding). find one with a solid history and you should be worry free, metzger already did the heavy lifting. i had a mate with a guards example, brilliant car that. plenty fast for any street excursion, ride was supple enough considering its mission statement too. i think you would be hard pressed to find a better bargain with a porsche crest on it in the "drivers car" category. the only real consideration is how close 7.1 3's have gotten price wise. that might be the best value on the market right now and could, for many, be all the car they will ever need.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tincan
Any pictures of the old 2? That car must have been awesome to daily.
Here's one from Sears Point

And a true sign of a DD with a computer strapped in the passenger seat.

Attached Images   
Old 02-28-2012, 03:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
how much are u expecting to pay?

Old 02-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by 20C4S
how much are u expecting to pay?
After looking at rennlist, autotrader, cars, 6speed, and from the guys in this thread, less than 60.

Sounds like I should be able to get a sub 30K mile no story GT3 for mid 50's, which is plenty OK. Obviously, if someone has a 35K mile or so yellow or red one properly maintained with no paint work for less, even better. It's the M64 engine, I am not afraid to put miles on it.

There is a yellow one near me with the RS bumper which I dig, but it has been heavily modded, and unless the guy would entertain returning it to stock, it's too much hassle for me, for example.

It's mainly going to be a street car with occasional tracking, so the bucket seats are a minus, unless the stock ones are included. I lived with the buckets for 3 years in my GT2, no thanks.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by stuka
After looking at rennlist, autotrader, cars, 6speed, and from the guys in this thread, less than 60.

Sounds like I should be able to get a sub 30K mile no story GT3 for mid 50's, which is plenty OK. Obviously, if someone has a 35K mile or so yellow or red one properly maintained with no paint work for less, even better. It's the M64 engine, I am not afraid to put miles on it.

There is a yellow one near me with the RS bumper which I dig, but it has been heavily modded, and unless the guy would entertain returning it to stock, it's too much hassle for me, for example.

It's mainly going to be a street car with occasional tracking, so the bucket seats are a minus, unless the stock ones are included. I lived with the buckets for 3 years in my GT2, no thanks.
Just catching up on this; is the yellow with RS front bumper (and other RS parts) Noel's?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
Just catching up on this; is the yellow with RS front bumper (and other RS parts) Noel's?
Noel's car is not heavily modded i think.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka

The one lesson I learned from DD'ing the last 2 is that I should get one this time with stock seats and not the one piece seats. For DD and occasional track, it's just too much of a pain in the ass. The fact that the one piece seat back does not fold forward really limits its daily utility.
Exactly a point I always made the one piece seats from Porsche are the worst for DD.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Noel's car is not heavily modded i think.
OK, perhaps just "modded" - but I do consider RS front hubs/stuff and external reservior adjustables all around as more than minimal.

And I heard this weekend it's now sold/gone anyway....to be confirmed.

Last edited by Moving Chicane; 03-19-2012 at 06:05 PM.