Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

MP Market

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
MP Market

Looking for a little info on the MP Market. Don't tear me up for the dumb questions. Dealer called me last week wanting to sell me either a pre-owned orange, or one of 2 that are inbound and not sold. Why are they not sold? Dealer said he sold the orange and traded it back at MSRP, which sounded good. I guess the market is turning out to be like the old F Car days? I was offered to get one of the first, but passed when I built the car and the MSRP blew up over $300k. Just bothered me, so I backed out. I hear most of them are stickering in the $270k to $280K range? I would appreciate it if a few owners would talk about their cars, etc as well.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
QuantumN420 is on a distinguished roadQuantumN420 is on a distinguished roadQuantumN420 is on a distinguished road
I saw a white one on ebay a couple of weeks ago with 500 miles. It was a private owner sale and had a Buy It Now price of $299K with a sticker of around $260k

Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Stands to reason. Dealer said 30-40 was market.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by GTCole
Stands to reason. Dealer said 30-40 was market.
I imagine if it is like the Ferrari market used to be, your best bet is to wait. The 458 market cooled off rather quickly and so will this market especially if there are already unsold cars. Don't throw away the money over MSRP. The high end auto market isn't going to sustain this, McLaren is going to build what they can sell - I would wait for supply to build up a bit more.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
CHIO is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by QuantumN420
I saw a white one on ebay a couple of weeks ago with 500 miles. It was a private owner sale and had a Buy It Now price of $299K with a sticker of around $260k
there is a white one with sport exhaust here in st. louis just got off the truck last night! they are wanting $299

Old 02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
I'd wait and order one to your specs when the initial hype dies down ( and they fix the IRIS )?

You're not in any great need of a supercar. Has your wifes 991 arrived yet?

Old 02-12-2012, 04:19 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
just let the cup spill over and prices will magically drop

thus waiting is the way to go if money is not growing on trees yet

Old 02-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
I'd wait and order one to your specs when the initial hype dies down ( and they fix the IRIS )?

You're not in any great need of a supercar. Has your wifes 991 arrived yet?
Quite a while ago. Great DD. Maybe best ever.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I don't believe the MP will reach the same level as the F car market. Obviously the fact that they're new is what is driving the initial over msrp hype.

My guess is that once cars start comin in and some start to sit, there will be some good deals out there

Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Which dealer was offering you the 12C?

Quick Reply: MP Market