Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your 4.0 RS Specs - Post Them Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011 | 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
myGT3RS is an unknown quantity at this point
Completely agree.

Wonder how many without graphics will add 4.0 graphics to their 3.8 RS

Also just a matter of time before aftermarket (or original RSR) riveted flares and wheel extenders are out and are bolted on current RS's.

Originally Posted by woppum
The point is they are reputedly sold out. I think they are are a bargain, but I thought the 3.8 and gt3 were total bargains today. I doubt it's worth the cost of change, I'm not doing it, but if I didn't have the 3.8 rs I'd have one without doubt. Upgrade no, bargain yes.

Old 05-08-2011 | 05:27 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
The point is they are reputedly sold out. I think they are are a bargain, but I thought the 3.8 and gt3 were total bargains today. I doubt it's worth the cost of change, I'm not doing it, but if I didn't have the 3.8 rs I'd have one without doubt. Upgrade no, bargain yes.
Not sure how they can be sold out yet. Some us dealers won't get their allocations until early this week.

And you know some dealers are holding back to get
A premium.

Old 05-08-2011 | 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
9972RS is on a distinguished road9972RS is on a distinguished road9972RS is on a distinguished road9972RS is on a distinguished road
exactly. I bet some haven't even heard about their allocations yet.

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
Not sure how they can be sold out yet. Some us dealers won't get their allocations until early this week.

A premium.

Old 05-08-2011 | 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by BBTurbo

A premium.
Sunday times stated Porsche stopped taking orders on launch day for the rs as they ovEr sold their allocations - 50 uk, 600 world wide. They also said it had a Gordon gecko livery !

Old 05-08-2011 | 07:34 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AudiRS
Love the 4.0 but after all the excitement has settled, it got me thinking that I can pick up a fully loaded 2010 GT3 RS 3.8 for ~130k -- ~100k LESS than a similarly optioned RS 4.0.
or you could pick up a 7.1 3RS for 100, do a 3.9, and have 500hp but that's beside the point.

this car should tick enough boxes for 500 people

Old 05-09-2011 | 12:47 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Just got official response from PNA. No PTS on the 4.0. If any one has heard differently from their Zregional Rep (not you dealer). Please post. If true this will really suck. It makes no sense for Porsche to do this unless they feel that PTS qty will be so high that it will be unmanageable.

Old 05-09-2011 | 12:50 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sorry for the typo's above. I'm using a mobile version it won't let me edit PRS to PTS and the Z word is Regional Rep.

Old 05-09-2011 | 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
that sucks if true, i would love to see more than white or black on these cars

Old 05-09-2011 | 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
^ There's always Vinyl

Old 05-09-2011 | 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Little bit of info:
I'm getting PTS. I hear it opens on Sept builds for the US. I am placing my order accordingly. Not discussing color or specs as too many people change ordgers, etc. I will post pics when it comes.

Several people have posted on value and worth. Just an FYI to the US market, I have almost been offered $50k over to sell later. That might give you some idea as to interest. Quality dealers should not sell at a dime over sticker. If they do, they should lose their best customer. I've bought a pis load of Porsche's, so if my dealer wants to charge me market, then they ought to be willing to lose with me on the bad deals? Price is MSRP and I've earned the right to pay that and no more. Ok, off my soap box.

I have a friend that wants one. Deposit paid tomorrow. If anyone knows, send me a PM.

Quick Reply: Your 4.0 RS Specs - Post Them Up!!!