Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your 4.0 RS Specs - Post Them Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011 | 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
dertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud of
They turned me down on the PTS request. Mine will be white with black wheels, PCCB and black interior. I'm not sad at all. It's going to be a great car when I get it in August.

Old 05-13-2011 | 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dertub
They turned me down on the PTS request.
Why?

Old 05-14-2011 | 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
About PTS,
It is actually not an open option on the 4.0RS... the request is available if coupled with a recommendation from Porsche "regional"
Porsche has to like the color on the 4.0RS... so even if it was approved before on another model it may not be approved today for the 4.0 and the more dated the color is the more difficult it is to get. Why, because Porsche needs to get a few time consuming approvals (environmental, etc.) so to keep production running according to the program the color maybe rejected
If Porsche gets too many requests from the market, they will end up limiting the option to a set of in-range colors plus one or two out-of-range (so say 6 to 8 colors)...

So try to spec out your 4.0 as early as possible for the latest feasible production slot and think of color alternatives (if possible have them submitted as choices 1, 2, and 3)

Old 05-14-2011 | 02:55 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
just speced my rs 4.0,1 of 28 cars in the uk. had to laugh about the spculation ,new in jan on what it was all about, swore to a mate wouldn't let it out of the bag. spec,white, black wheels,c brakes,lw seats,carbon c console,c b pillars,c extended pack,sat nav,phone,chrono,ipod,sound pack,alcantara visors,leather,logo lid. has to be motersport white,full leather due to seats,doesnt work to mix and match.think 1st car, july build. as everyone else could have done more with the visuals.

Old 05-14-2011 | 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
cutomers with 4.0 cars i here will be invited to goodwood festival of speed in july, where andreas preuninger will hopefully showing and driving up the hill in the new rs, i will try and find the reason why every gt3 man on the planet wanted this car more than ever to be a visual statement to what im sure will be a fantastic new engine, why do the race car designs and colours blow us away and the road cars so half hearted? im sure when the cars turn up in the metal they will be stunnig but this time porsche should have gone the extra mile with whats been a fantastic bit of kit.ps but still cant wait for mine to come.

Old 05-14-2011 | 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
About PTS,
It is actually not an open option on the 4.0RS... the request is available if coupled with a recommendation from Porsche "regional"
Porsche has to like the color on the 4.0RS... so even if it was approved before on another model it may not be approved today for the 4.0 and the more dated the color is the more difficult it is to get. Why, because Porsche needs to get a few time consuming approvals (environmental, etc.) so to keep production running according to the program the color maybe rejected
If Porsche gets too many requests from the market, they will end up limiting the option to a set of in-range colors plus one or two out-of-range (so say 6 to 8 colors)...

So try to spec out your 4.0 as early as possible for the latest feasible production slot and think of color alternatives (if possible have them submitted as choices 1, 2, and 3)

Why don't they make public the colors they will approve? Even if they only do so after all deposits are taken. It seems like a waste of time and resources.

Old 05-14-2011 | 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
I have ordered mine white and black also, I have not specified nav, I was unsure of the weight increase over the standard radio. You need to spec the additional amp with PCM, I am trying to find out how much additional weight this adds to the car. Anyone know?

Old 05-14-2011 | 05:07 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3RS
I have ordered mine white and black also, I have not specified nav, I was unsure of the weight increase over the standard radio. You need to spec the additional amp with PCM, I am trying to find out how much additional weight this adds to the car. Anyone know?
The PCM unit is standard in 997's the nav is the option. I assume this is the same in 4.0's That and if you think your fast or good enough that the 27 pounds of A/C or a 3 pounds of PCM you should be buying a 997 Cup anyway.

Old 05-14-2011 | 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Eniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by woppum
Sunday times stated Porsche stopped taking orders on launch day for the rs as they ovEr sold their allocations - 50 uk, 600 world wide. They also said it had a Gordon gecko livery !
I was told 28 cars for UK and nearly 100 deposits taken. We have only 1 car coming only just been confirmed. (Golden Crust)

Last edited by Eniffer; 05-14-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2011 | 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Why don't they make public the colors they will approve? Even if they only do so after all deposits are taken. It seems like a waste of time and resources.
I feel they want to try to give you what you want but if 600 people want 600 colors Porsche will start limiting the options…
Wish they have limited the variations of the 997

Quick Reply: Your 4.0 RS Specs - Post Them Up!!!