Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your 4.0 RS Specs - Post Them Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011 | 02:25 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Your 4.0 RS Specs - Post Them Up!!!

So I'm having my classic internal debate with the RS 4 Spec. I do this everytime I order a car. Then all you guys say, "just order what you like", etc. etc. Then I order mostly what I like.

Well in this case, I'm not sure how much I like the 4.0 vs the 3.8. I definitely respect the 500hp and the other little tweaks, but the looks do nothing for me. I think the painted wing softens the car and the graphics package is the worse ever. A big part of me keeps saying walk away. With the drivetrain achievement, Porsche had the chance to make this car iconic and instead they used the parts bin again. The GT2RS interior was an easy way out. Not going more radical on the body was also an easy way out. This car needed something to justify the $200k price. Bolt on Flares, A new CF wing, interior exclusive to the 4.0, etc.

I'm trying to get PTS confirmed for US cars, no response from PNA yet. Also trying to get confirmation that PAG will alter colors on the graphics.

If I can get PTS and Graphics to my choice, I would probably just add the Lift System, Black Wheels and not much else.

What are you guys thinking for your spec's?

Last edited by BBTurbo; 05-07-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2011 | 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I understand the points about parts bin recycling, but it is still a great car.

I would get one in white, no graphics and bolt on a set of gold mesh BBS centerlocks.

Old 05-07-2011 | 02:34 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Highline posted his specs in the officially official thread but if I could go PTS it would be this for sure, be can you imagine what the extra charges would be, yikes!

Old 05-07-2011 | 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The Gulf scheme is pretty awesome.

Old 05-07-2011 | 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by latterlon
The Gulf scheme is pretty awesome.
That car has to HAPPEN!!!

Old 05-07-2011 | 03:11 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
I asked about the Gulf. I think it is very cool. So far they said if PTS is offered and it's an if, they don't think PAG would do Gulf Blue. Based on my prior request for a PTS 3.8, the charges would be about $8k for Paint and $5k for custom graphics colors and custom trim colors. Not totally out of reason.

Old 05-07-2011 | 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Would anyone entertain a P-Shop request for yellow graphics over a dark forest green/BRG with silver wheels?

Old 05-07-2011 | 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Gulf livery ftw

Old 05-07-2011 | 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Would anyone entertain a P-Shop request for yellow graphics over a dark forest green/BRG with silver wheels?
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man!!! YES

Old 05-07-2011 | 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Love the 4.0 but after all the excitement has settled, it got me thinking that I can pick up a fully loaded 2010 GT3 RS 3.8 for ~130k -- ~100k LESS than a similarly optioned RS 4.0.

Is it 100k better? I don't think so but then again, reason doesn't have much room when talking about RS cars. Emotion always takes over.

Quick Reply: Your 4.0 RS Specs - Post Them Up!!!