Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your 4.0 RS Specs - Post Them Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011 | 04:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Would anyone entertain a P-Shop request for yellow graphics over a dark forest green/BRG with silver wheels?
gross

Old 05-07-2011 | 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
no options, radio delete possibly and just pay for my PTS

Old 05-07-2011 | 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I got a 2011 GT3, with just 3,000 on the clock so far, and having serious second thoughts about my 4.0 order... It sure ain't worth the difference I gotta pay, especially with the local VAT and customs... I'm thinking BBS wheels on the next tire change, a full Akrapovich exhaust system, and custom decals (car is white)... Wish SharkWerks ran a workshop around here

Old 05-07-2011 | 07:26 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
For me it's not about the $$ difference between the two, it's just that I expected and wanted something iconic and radically different. The 4.0 is special, but not radically different or iconic IMHO.

Old 05-07-2011 | 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GTS-R is an unknown quantity at this point
For the reasons stated by many of you, I passed on my allocation. Visually, I don't think the 4.0 differentiates itself from the 3.8 to warrant the significant price increase.

Old 05-07-2011 | 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I asked about the Gulf. I think it is very cool. So far they said if PTS is offered and it's an if, they don't think PAG would do Gulf Blue. Based on my prior request for a PTS 3.8, the charges would be about $8k for Paint and $5k for custom graphics colors and custom trim colors. Not totally out of reason.
BB,
u got it backward. PTS was $5,500. Graphic was from $7,500 with some change. that's not including the $2,000 for the wheel if u want it to match graphic. anyway, i don't think PTS is a bad deal since the optional Grayblack was like $3,500. and for the 4.0, standard black is gonna cost like $3,000 too...

i personally would just pick a PTS color u like (that PAG is willing to do of course. they reject great % of request though as far as i know). forget about graphic. like u said, as perfect as this car could be, Porsche decided to pull some wild combo that's challenging for us to make it right... for example, i don't know if decal delete will get u a normal mirror base color other than red. or instead it's gonna be a $1000 option for it to match exterior color. yes i wish there would also be an option that the wing can be left unpainted. otherwise it'll just stand out even bigger than bare CF. i'm just afraid even there will be option for all, it's gonna top 15k to make it right.

Last edited by 20C4S; 05-07-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2011 | 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 20C4S
BB,
u got it backward. PTS was $5,500. Graphic was from $7,500 with some change. that's not including the $2,000 for the wheel if u want it to match graphic. anyway, i don't think PTS is a bad deal since the optional Grayblack was like $3,500. and for the 4.0, standard black is gonna cost like $3,000 too...

i personally would just pick a PTS color u like (that PAG is willing to do of course. they reject great % of request though as far as i know). forget about graphic. like u said, as perfect as this car could be, Porsche decided to pull some wild combo that's challenging for us to make it right... for example, i don't know if decal delete will get u a normal mirror base color other than red. or instead it's gonna be a $1000 option for it to match exterior color. yes i wish there would also be an option that the wing can be left unpainted. otherwise it'll just stand out even bigger than bare CF. i'm just afraid even there will be option for all, it's gonna top 15k to make it right.
Nickel and dime for stuff we DO NOT WANT! Hehehehe. GO Porsche!

Old 05-08-2011 | 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Yoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
For me it's not about the $$ difference between the two, it's just that I expected and wanted something iconic and radically different. The 4.0 is special, but not radically different or iconic IMHO.
I agree for the extra $$$ they should have had more radical body work...more Cup Car or Ruf like. Then it would have been a really special car with a special motor.

Old 05-08-2011 | 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
More radical exterior would've been nice but they didn't do it. So we have to go with what's there if you want it or not. I still think this car is perfect for the garage queens.

Old 05-08-2011 | 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The point is they are reputedly sold out. I think they are are a bargain, but I thought the 3.8 and gt3 were total bargains today. I doubt it's worth the cost of change, I'm not doing it, but if I didn't have the 3.8 rs I'd have one without doubt. Upgrade no, bargain yes.

Quick Reply: Your 4.0 RS Specs - Post Them Up!!!