Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.0 Allocation Sought @ MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:51 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by terrence
Imagine how much a 918 will be 3 years after delivery?
i dunno man, that might end up being a pretty rare bird

Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
In Italy no OPD can play "the clever boy" with prices.
Price MUST remain the one issued by PAG or the importer!!!
Are you sure you cannot write to PNA and complain??!!

And to make someone even more upset... My OPD gave me 5% discount on my RS4.0...

Last edited by Ressy; 05-09-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
In Italy no OPD can play "the clever boy" with prices.
Price MUST remain the one issued by PAG or the importer!!!
Are you sure you cannot write to PNA and complain??!!

And to make someone even more upset... My OPD gave me 5% discount on my RS4.0...
Ressy, breath would you?

The dealers in Europe are OWNED by PAG.

-That is the distinct difference between the dealer network on your side of the pond versus here in the States. However, over the entire network of dealers, customer satisfaction and treatment, overall- is MUCH better and higher then compared to Europe. That's the trade off.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Besides, aren't Porsches much less expensive to buy in the US v/s europe and Asia?

Old 05-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Ressy, breath would you?

This is absolutely wrong!
The importers might be owned by PAG like PNA is, but not the dealers!
OPDs in Italy are ALL privates which have been given the license by PAG to sell their cars.
If they do not follow precise and clear rules this licence can be withdrawn any time.
AND ONE OF THIS RULES IS NOT SCREWING ON PRICES...

I do not know anything about customer satsfaction over there, but if dealers can play with prices like this I do not know what you can be satisfied about....

Last edited by Ressy; 05-09-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Nyet. Ressy is right - they are privately owned.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Umm 599Gto's won't be worth less they will stay even then start to climb up as more time goes on
GTO's will drop no different than the original 599's that sold for 100k over sticker LMAO.

Most dealers are trying to get 100k over sticker on the GTO's and others are wanting even more. I've got a friend who paid MSRP on his. His won't drop much over the next 2 years is my guess but no different than a 16m they will drop. They call them limited numbers but I'd wager of the 599 (Ferrari published limited numbers) Ferrari will actually make 1000 of them. No one will know because Ferrari doesn't number their limited additions for this reason. Most likely 1000 is the quantity of 16m's as well. No one will know because Ferrari doesn't publish where they go.

On the 4.0 it's a great car. Most likely the best track car Porsche has ever made. If I didn't have a 1st generation that my wife would divorce me over the sale I'd have cashed in my PNA chit and ordered one already. Divorce will cost me more than the fun I will have in a 4.0gt3....The car most likely would be as close to perfection as any track car can be. I'd love to push one to it's limits.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
This is absolutely wrong!
The importers might be owned by PAG like PNA is, but not the dealers!
OPDs in Italy are ALL privates which have been given the license by PAG to sell their cars.
If they do not follow precise and clear rules this licence can be withdrawn any time.
AND ONE OF THIS RULES IS NOT SCREWING ON PRICES...

I do not know anything about customer satsfaction over there, but if dealers can play with prices like this I do not know what you can be satisfied about....
Originally Posted by jox
Nyet. Ressy is right - they are privately owned.
Interesting.I was told otherwise (by someone inside Porsche) MB dealers by and large are not franchised over in Europe.

Maybe Porsche went another route when they were super small? As in the States when they bundled them in with a VW/Audi Dealership?

Old 05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
GTO's will drop no different than the original 599's that sold for 100k over sticker LMAO.

Most dealers are trying to get 100k over sticker on the GTO's and others are wanting even more. I've got a friend who paid MSRP on his. His won't drop much over the next 2 years is my guess but no different than a 16m they will drop.
Totally agree, the GTO is no different than any other Ferrari bar the Enzo.

Only benefit you get when ordering new is you get YOUR tastes in specification and of course, that brand new smell

However, for that engine and sound - I can live with saving some money and pulling a blind eye on the specs There will be a few that will pop up once the 599 facelift has been debut.