Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVOMS Releases a 700+ HP Performance System for the 2011 GT2RS - Details Inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
that torque increase is quite impressive

Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 PM
KPG
Teamspeed Rookie
KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by TB993tt
To KPG, Yes you have a lot of torque (actually I have no idea what car you run now but am guessing it is an EVO 1K_hp job ?) but if you deployed it hard enough it would blow, its what happens over here all the time

BTW, bit sad you are now a fully signed up 6blinger, I assure you there are many more serious Porsche people who treat that as a comedy site.
Also, you have no idea how much Tq I have but that doesnt prevent you from not believing the number.How narrow minded. Perform the calculations Toby. My car currently has the fastest 60-130 time, it weighs 3350. What is your calculation? lets compare to Todds dyno... and no, I am not close to 1K by the way, not by a good measure.

As for 6Bling, I would have thought you knew that I basically took a year or more off from these sites. Hardly a believer as you would suggest. If it wasnt for an upgrade to E85, I wouldnt be arguing with you today...

Old 04-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Todd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond repute
Todd, how does my power estimation have anything to do with calculating torque ? you can't be serious, please tell me you know that proper engine shops have to calibrate their engine dynos by hanging 1 Newton of force at 1 metre ? This is a real Newton Metre (and from this measurement hp is derived) and seems to bare little resemblance to chassis dyno torque which are bloody useless at giving accurate torque numbers hence why in chassis dyno central ie US commercial "tuners" everybody has 700+ftlbs, like the 997tt of yours which is over in the UK, 740ftlbs on the Mustang, probably 550ftlbs on the street...
It is the market you are in so you have to play these numbers at one level and the 1000NM GT2RS is squarely in this category.

At another level, as I've said before, you have done what you said and built awesome 1 mile cars (forget 60-130, you all sussed out how to kill that one years ago ).
A top speed car will for sure be a feat. A 1000hp top speed car will have to be very special, forget competing against 9ff, there will be a very fast H&R car around very soon.....

To KPG, Yes you have a lot of torque (actually I have no idea what car you run now but am guessing it is an EVO 1K_hp job ?) but if you deployed it hard enough it would blow, its what happens over here all the time

BTW, bit sad you are now a fully signed up 6blinger, I assure you there are many more serious Porsche people who treat that as a comedy site.
Forget the NM comment. Based on your calculations, how much AMERICAN HP or TQ OR EUROPEAN PS or NM would it take to run a 3.96 second 60-130 MPH time or a 14.41 second 0-300kph. Please answer this so I know how your calculations work.

FWIW, we have also tested our cars on a MAHA chassis dyno.
Additionally, on the engine dyno, how do you calibrate speed sensing TQ, and varying temperature conditions. Typically, engine dynos are in a very specific controlled enviornment

Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Todd@EVOMS
Forget the NM comment. Based on your calculations, how much AMERICAN HP or TQ OR EUROPEAN PS or NM would it take to run a 3.96 second 60-130 MPH time or a 14.41 second 0-300kph. Please answer this so I know how your calculations work.
I have no idea.....a lot !!

My calculations are based on years of observation of torque and hp numbers from specific engine dynos. My opinion is that if your high hp engines, the 1K+hp ones were loaded how Porsche load them on the engine dyno (with their proprietry yet repeatable and specifically developed to mimic extreme Autobahn conditions - max speed in 35 degC) then they would blow up, too much boost..... this doesn't mean you can't do extraordinary things like your 1 mile runs but it is not the same as a top speed car as you will doubtlessly find out when you tackle that one.

My specific beef here is your dodgy diagram posted above - ask me how I know you can't have such numbers if they are measured how described in the paragraph above...
FWIW, we have also tested our cars on a MAHA chassis dyno.
Additionally, on the engine dyno, how do you calibrate speed sensing TQ, and varying temperature conditions. Typically, engine dynos are in a very specific controlled enviornment
Getting more than 850NM down on a Maha is a real challenge, are you telling me you have recorded 1000hp on a 25 second Maha run ?

I don't know the answers to your engine dyno questions but you are the guys to learn how to start doing it properly, leave the silly chassis dyno numbers to the other jokers - you guys walk the walk !

I don't pretend to know anything about the programming, my latest engine has been the baby of a Bosch Motorsports electronics engineer (who was one of the Porsche 997tt development guys) who knows the Porsche turbo Motronic stuff inside out and after logging 150 hours on the engine dyno he still hasn't got it Porche perfect

Old 04-28-2011, 02:20 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPG
Also, you have no idea how much Tq I have but that doesnt prevent you from not believing the number.How narrow minded. Perform the calculations Toby. My car currently has the fastest 60-130 time, it weighs 3350. What is your calculation? lets compare to Todds dyno... and no, I am not close to 1K by the way, not by a good measure.

As for 6Bling, I would have thought you knew that I basically took a year or more off from these sites. Hardly a believer as you would suggest. If it wasnt for an upgrade to E85, I wouldnt be arguing with you today...
I thought you came back because you missed me man! again!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute

It would probably serve you well to educate yourself on KPG's car.

Just because cars "blow up over there all the time" doesn't mean that inferior U.S. Porsche tuning technology can't actually deliver a product that surpasses all of the cars blowing up "over there." I've put 20k miles on a motor that ran 0-300kph in 21.4 seconds without missing a beat, made multiple 200mph passes, runs 60-130 mph between 5.5-6.0 secs every time, all between 1.4-.6bar. Literally ZERO problems.

The reality is if you were to step out of your bubble and realize how far porsche tuning has come in the last 6 years, specifically in the U.S. market, you would realize that there are no less than 4 dozen U.S. modified and built Metzger Motors making 700+whp that would handle all of the thrasings of the autobahn, road course and then some. I'm not a EVOMS customer but I have watched their products evolve massively over the last 5-6 years. Their builds are some of the most thorough I've seen and unlike most cars they get driven, hard. I've had the pleasure of riding in several of Todd's more serious builds and also experienced his 997.2 PDK Turbo. His cars drive like a showroom stock car and deliver astonishing power, torque, and drivability.

Last edited by bmoores; 04-28-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: edit: forgot to mention that my car runs stock internals.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:44 PM
KPG
Teamspeed Rookie
KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by DJ
I thought you came back because you missed me man! again!
Thanks DJ, I did... but I also missed sparring with with TB, chief of the dyno police. I may just stick around, seems like a great site to cause trouble... I mean participate! Kevin

Old 04-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hg_wng
we need to heard vids of that exhaust ASAP!
^^ This

Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Todd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond repute
I have no idea.....a lot !!

I don't pretend to know anything about the programming, my latest engine has been the baby of a Bosch Motorsports electronics engineer (who was one of the Porsche 997tt development guys) who knows the Porsche turbo Motronic stuff inside out and after logging 150 hours on the engine dyno he still hasn't got it Porche perfect
Thats all good. I have over 1500 dyno pulls with my car on our "as you would call it" JOKER DYNO. DONT GET ME WRONG, Engine dynos are GREAT, but they are NOT the perfect tuning tool nor is the chassis dyno. On an engine dyno, conditions are constant all the time. Other components that are needed to make the engine work in the car are not even functioning. Are you going to tell me that after the engine is tuned on the engine dyno, it gets installed into the car and no further tuning is required? They dont perform further tuning on the road or on a chassis dyno? Our dyno has a steady state control mode that allows us to do nearly everything the engine dyno can do. It will holds a load of 1500 lf/ft of torque at any RPM I set. The power sweeps you see in some of our videos online are just the final 4th or 5th gear pulls - with load I might add. Please enlighten me about the tuning that happens after the engine is removed from the engine dyno and installed in the car

Last edited by Todd@EVOMS; 04-28-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 PM
KPG
Teamspeed Rookie
Thats all good. I have over 1500 dyno pulls with my car on our "as you would call it" JOKER DYNO. DONT GET ME WRONG, Engine dynos are GREAT, but they are NOT the perfect tuning tool nor is the chassis dyno. On an engine dyno, conditions are constant all the time. Other components that are needed to make the engine work in the car are not even functioning. Are you going to tell me that after the engine is tuned on the engine dyno, it gets installed into the car and no further tuning is required? They dont perform further tuning on the road or on a chassis dyno? Our dyno has a steady state control mode that allows us to do nearly everything the engine dyno can do. It will holds a load of 1500 lf/ft of torque at any RPM I set. The power sweeps you see in some of our videos online are just the final 4th or 5th gear pulls - with load I might add. Please enlighten me about the tuning that happens after the engine is removed from the engine dyno and installed in the car
Be thankful we arent talking about dyno numbers on these TT Gallardos. 1500-1900AWHP, heck TB would be jumping in the Thames

Quick Reply: EVOMS Releases a 700+ HP Performance System for the 2011 GT2RS - Details Inside