Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVOMS Releases a 700+ HP Performance System for the 2011 GT2RS - Details Inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
M3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enough
Oh, stock form, or not stock.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
What I cant figure out is how you are putting the power down effectively. I have my car tuned to 620hp with just a EVOMS ecu tune, BRV's and some sport cell cats. But at past half throttle I just spin tires until I am in third gear, and if its cold enough outside I still spin in third. So with these GT2's putting out much more hp, how can you do anything with the lower gears.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Beyond a certain level of HP the car puts down too much power to be any "practical" fun.. you just start running through clutches, tires and gearboxes..

On a side note, I want to see a full run of this tuned GT2RS and see how it puts that power down

Old 05-04-2012, 02:23 PM
ddk
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished road
zzzspeed - thanks for making some sense out of this thread.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
What I cant figure out is how you are putting the power down effectively. I have my car tuned to 620hp with just a EVOMS ecu tune, BRV's and some sport cell cats. But at past half throttle I just spin tires until I am in third gear, and if its cold enough outside I still spin in third. So with these GT2's putting out much more hp, how can you do anything with the lower gears.
Try short shifting as that happens.

Originally Posted by MC321
Beyond a certain level of HP the car puts down too much power to be any "practical" fun.. you just start running through clutches, tires and gearboxes..

On a side note, I want to see a full run of this tuned GT2RS and see how it puts that power down
Originally Posted by ddk
zzzspeed - thanks for making some sense out of this thread.
Boys I will let you know next week when I get my car back with 775 HP. I'm sure I'm going to hate all that power.

Tarek try changing your tires from Cups to Corsa's. They have more grip from cold.

There is another GT2 here that just did the 710 HP EVOMS kit and it has the corsa's and its much better. Also the power delivery on that car is incredibly smooth and felt like the car came like that from Porsche. When tires are hot I suppose the grip levels are similar, just you don't get yourself into trouble before they do with the Corsa's.

You get used to more HP quickly on any application and learn how to get the power down effectively. My M3 jumped from 350 whp (at 5500ft alt) to 600 whp after my ESS blower. That's serious gains and the car is an animal if treated like it, but is predictable and easy to drive on the limit if you know what you are doing. Traction is definitely an issue, but you learn how to get it down eventually(albeit power sliding in 3rd gears often)

I cant see how a turbo modification, bigger intake plenums, more efficient inter-coolers and software can be bad for this car. If anything its just making the whole system more efficient and if you have beefed up the clutch like then what can possibly be the issue?

I'm now trying to get Mike S to do this upgrade to his 2 RS

Last edited by Bob MG; 05-05-2012 at 04:32 AM.