Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVOMS Releases a 700+ HP Performance System for the 2011 GT2RS - Details Inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Parvin@EVOMS.com

This torque number is fantasy..... it is about time EVOMS stumped up and got a proper engine dyno setup so they can load up the engines properly.

The power/torque curves are fantasy.......

So the engine makes 500hp at 4000rpm according the the diagrams ?

Well schoolboy formula torque (ftlbs) X rpm/5252 works out that the torque at 4000rpm should be 656ftlbs (892NM) NOT 737ftlbs (1000NM)

How can this be taken seriously with such a glaring error, the whole thing is nuts, I'm sure the 6bling crowd will lap it up but please keep this BS over there

Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Todd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond repute
Yes Toby, we know what you think. I am sure you don't believe that a recent 3.6L 996TT we built - FULL WEIGHT street car ran a 3.96 second 60-130 MPH on pump fuel Impossible right? It also went 100kpm-200kpm in 3.42 seconds! What does your math tell you about these results? According to your calculations and dyno math, how much HP and TQ does this 996TT make? You may think our dyno is inaccurate but our proven track record for having some of the fastest cars speaks for itself. While you are calculating, how much power would it take to shave 11 seconds off a 0-300kph run? I see it took your car 25.5 seconds. A car we built did it in 14.41 seconds. Just curious.

Last edited by Todd@EVOMS; 04-27-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Todd, your strategy is clever, build some monsters to set some records then sell stuff on the back of it....

Tuners have had the components to build 1000hp Mezger turbos for years but in Europe there has been no demand. I believe there is a 1000hp top speed attempt engine been built currently which will be covered in Sport Auto magazine - this is top speed run so it will have to stay at full chat for more than the 25 or so seconds your drag engines manage, you know what that means in terms of heat management.

I see you are not arguing with my math above, your dyno chart is fantasy, if the power curve on the chart is correct then the car does not have the 737ftb but 656ftlb, misleading presentation, snake oil, simples IMVHO.

I saw your video of the red GT2RS being "tested" on the street in a series of (what looked like) third gear bursts, you release this vid with the usual logos and heavy music.... It is pathetic third gear pulls FFS, what has that got to do with tuning a Porsche motor ????

The GT2RS in standard form has been tested (in a way which you couldn't do cos you haven't got an autobahn next door) and at 18 degC ambient with 25DegC start IAT at 60mph, after 15 seconds of full loading through the gears the IAT was 70degC.

You reckon that by fitting 100 cell cats and lower back pressure exhaust and retuning you can bring those IATs down AND gain another 80hp ?? Come on Todd, you need to get an engine dyno and do it properly, you know you can and should ?

BTW there is the European Tuner Grand Prix comining up June 11th and the rules have been relaxed so TUV is not a requirement, why not get that EVOMS 997tt which you did in the UK with its 730hp/730ftlbs dialled in and over there to show what your turbo power can do round Hockenheim, its not a drag strip but would add some international credibility to your "MS" tag.

Last edited by TB993tt; 04-28-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:47 AM
KPG
Teamspeed Rookie
KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by TB993tt
Todd, your strategy is clever, build some monsters to set some records then sell stuff on the back of it....

Tuners have had the components to build 1000hp Mezger turbos for years but in Europe there has been no demand. I believe there is a 1000hp top speed attempt engine been built currently which will be covered in Sport Auto magazine - this is top speed run so it will have to stay at full chat for more than the 25 or so seconds your drag engines manage, you know what that means in terms of heat management.

I see you are not arguing with my math above, your dyno chart is fantasy, if the power curve on the chart is correct then the car does not have the 737ftb but 656ftlb, misleading presentation, snake oil, simples IMVHO.

I saw your video of the red GT2RS being "tested" on the street in a series of (what looked like) third gear bursts, you release this vid with the usual logos and heavy music.... It is pathetic third gear pulls FFS, what has that got to do with tuning a Porsche motor ????

The GT2RS in standard form has been tested (in a way which you couldn't do cos you haven't got an autobahn next door) and at 18 degC ambient with 25DegC start IAT at 60mph, after 15 seconds of full loading through the gears the IAT was 70degC.

You reckon that by fitting 100 cell cats and lower back pressure exhaust and retuning you can bring those IATs down AND gain another 80hp ?? Come on Todd, you need to get an engine dyno and do it properly, you know you can and should ?

BTW there is the European Tuner Grand Prix comining up June 11th and the rules have been relaxed so TUV is not a requirement, why not get that EVOMS 997tt which you did in the UK with its 730hp/730ftlbs dialled in and over there to show what your turbo power can do round Hockenheim, its not a drag strip but would add some international credibility to your "MS" tag.
Toby, get off the 1/4 mile horse you whining little baby. We have taken our cars to the Mile and run repeated , full mile runs. On one day I did 11 runs in 8 hours, and the dreaded heat soak was lurking in the pits since all the runs were within 2 mph of each other. Every "standard" you propose or tout ie 60-130 then 100-300K then the Mile, Todd has beaten and still you cry like the tool that you are. Now we have to bring cars to Europe? You my friend have serious issues....

Old 04-28-2011, 08:14 AM
KPG
Teamspeed Rookie
KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KPG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Todd@EVOMS
Yes Toby, we know what you think. I am sure you don't believe that a recent 3.6L 996TT we built - FULL WEIGHT street car ran a 3.96 second 60-130 MPH on pump fuel Impossible right? It also went 100kpm-200kpm in 3.42 seconds! What does your math tell you about these results? According to your calculations and dyno math, how much HP and TQ does this 996TT make? You may think our dyno is inaccurate but our proven track record for having some of the fastest cars speaks for itself. While you are calculating, how much power would it take to shave 11 seconds off a 0-300kph run? I see it took your car 25.5 seconds. A car we built did it in 14.41 seconds. Just curious.
Todd, how ironic is it that Tool Boy 993 is claiming the tq figures are inflated on your dyno, yet the other crowd on 6speed was claiming we under reported our power numbers on this run

Did you mention to the Doubter In Chief( DIC ) that this 3.96 sec 60-130 was a 4th gear only. Pray tell TB, how much Tq is required to motivate a 3300-3400 lb 996TT to a sub 4sec 60-130 in only 4th gear... Do the math and please enlighten the AZ crew as to the error of their ways with facts. Take all their performance records 1/4 mile, 60-130,100-200k,0-186mph,100-300K , and the mile and tell us how much tq, or how little, we are actually making. No bluster, no BS, no nurburgring, just take our actual data and tell us how little power we actually make...

Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KPG, classy post....

Surely you can push some calculator buttons ? Just crunch the numbers on the graphs above - 500hp SAE at 4000rpm = 656ftlbs NOT 737ftlbs

This is a graph presented as a finished product.

GT2RS is very near the hp limits of the standard turbocharger, it runs 1.6bar and whilst the 100cell cats and exhaust will releave back pressure a lot, they won't enable 80 more hp - portential customers can make their minds up.....

In Europe 9ff has been breaking records for years with his "halo" cars but I guess you read the thread on 6bling, this is common place with his customer engines...

I will continue to point out indiscrepancies for as long as I can be bothered (and believe me people do read and appreciate this stuff -not fan boys albeit) or until I am banned....

Originally Posted by KPG
On one day I did 11 runs in 8 hours,.
absolutely - have you ever driven on the Autobahn ? - that is a 10 minute drive for some lucky people, your engine would last maybe 15

Last edited by TB993tt; 04-28-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor
Todd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@EVOMS has a reputation beyond repute
Toby,

Can you answer my questions? What kind of power does it take to run a 3.96 second 60-130 MPH run? I am curious what you think because it will give me insight to how you calculate TQ.

On another note, I wish we had a place to drive like you do on the autobahn. I could then prove that the engines we build here are not as you think "1/4" mile or 1 mile engines. I do plan on bringing my 997TT over to Europe to demonstrate what us Americans can do. I do plan on going head to head with 9ff on some top speed runs.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:19 AM
KPG
Teamspeed Rookie
KPG, classy post....

Surely you can push some calculator buttons ? Just crunch the numbers on the graphs above - 500hp SAE at 4000rpm = 656ftlbs NOT 737ftlbs

This is a graph presented as a finished product.

GT2RS is very near the hp limits of the standard turbocharger, it runs 1.6bar and whilst the 100cell cats and exhaust will releave back pressure a lot, they won't enable 80 more hp - portential customers can make their minds up.....

In Europe 9ff has been breaking records for years with his "halo" cars but I guess you read the thread on 6bling, this is common place with his customer engines...

I will continue to point out indiscrepancies for as long as I can be bothered (and believe me people do read and appreciate this stuff -not fan boys albeit) or until I am banned....

absolutely - have you ever driven on the Autobahn ? - that is a 10 minute drive for some lucky people, your engine would last maybe 15
Classy post indeed, you do bring the best out in everyone in the states. Again, you have not spoken to the performance standards that all these cars have run with wildly overinflated tq numbers. Are you saying once and for all that all our numbers, be it 60-130,Mile,trap, etc are fabricated lies? Forget the dyno, are we all lying about our performance numbers? Amswer that one simple question. If you answer in the negative then please inform us how it is possible with the inflated numbers... I have the week off from work so I patiently await another sledgehammer reply about my motor blowing up, but then again you are the one who said after the last mile event that we needed to run them back to back for 15 or so runs before we prove anything...

It truly is sad for someone who is knowledgeable about these cars like yourself to be so blinded by your Euro perspective to not even give a nod to other builders that arent part of your daily Kool-aid .

BTW, still waiting patiently to find out from you how much Tq I actually have in my car. Can you speed this calculation along, I would like to take your numbers and brag about it on 6speed where you truly have a following... please be courteous and round my tq numbers up to the nearest fifty ft/lb increment so I can break the 600 lb/ft barrier...

Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Todd, how does my power estimation have anything to do with calculating torque ? you can't be serious, please tell me you know that proper engine shops have to calibrate their engine dynos by hanging 1 Newton of force at 1 metre ? This is a real Newton Metre (and from this measurement hp is derived) and seems to bare little resemblance to chassis dyno torque which are bloody useless at giving accurate torque numbers hence why in chassis dyno central ie US commercial "tuners" everybody has 700+ftlbs, like the 997tt of yours which is over in the UK, 740ftlbs on the Mustang, probably 550ftlbs on the street...
It is the market you are in so you have to play these numbers at one level and the 1000NM GT2RS is squarely in this category.

At another level, as I've said before, you have done what you said and built awesome 1 mile cars (forget 60-130, you all sussed out how to kill that one years ago ).
A top speed car will for sure be a feat. A 1000hp top speed car will have to be very special, forget competing against 9ff, there will be a very fast H&R car around very soon.....

To KPG, Yes you have a lot of torque (actually I have no idea what car you run now but am guessing it is an EVO 1K_hp job ?) but if you deployed it hard enough it would blow, its what happens over here all the time

BTW, bit sad you are now a fully signed up 6blinger, I assure you there are many more serious Porsche people who treat that as a comedy site.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 PM
KPG
Teamspeed Rookie
To KPG, Yes you have a lot of torque (actually I have no idea what car you run now but am guessing it is an EVO 1K_hp job ?) but if you deployed it hard enough it would blow, its what happens over here all the time

BTW, bit sad you are now a fully signed up 6blinger, I assure you there are many more serious Porsche people who treat that as a comedy site.
Toby, therein lies the issue with you. Nothing is ever good enough to prove to you legitimate performance. Would it matter to you that I DO run my car. This car has been run hard enough at the mile and roadcourse that I have gone through several clutches and a rather pricy gearbox. I had to upgrade to a god awful expensive triple carbon Tilton to hold my non existent torque. I had to toss a 24K mile TT gearbox and upgrade to a nice GT2 gearbox. I have two spare sets of rotors and brakepads at my house just to keep on hand since they go rather quick at the track.couple thousand miles at the track. Two sets minimum of R888s per year.... When has this motor been beat on sufficiently to satisfy you? I would venture to say that if I ran the Autobahn as you suggest and the motor failed to grenade, perhaps another run would be in order, then another....

Quick Reply: EVOMS Releases a 700+ HP Performance System for the 2011 GT2RS - Details Inside