Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY GT2RS Homecoming Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
First congrats on this Pcar purchase as well as the GTO purchase...those make up quite a stable of sweet cars.

I am curious about your reaction to the exhaust sound...is it because it is Turbo and it is too quiet? Maybe the fix is a Akrapovic Race system to wake it up?
The exhaust isn't too quiet, it's just not a great sound. Too much drone on the highway and at 3500 or so RPM. Between the GT3RS and the F-Cars I'm spoiled.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
It's odd about your brakes? Mine are excellent.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I run the NER Aug PCA event at the Glen every year. I've already registered for this years event. But the Avatar is a pic at the Glen when the previous owner had it. I have stripped down to basic yellow again. Just added a black hood, black wheels and black winglets. No more bling graphics..
Thanks for the review.

Throw up some pictures of the cup

Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
The car feels "RS" edgy, from a handling standpoint. Very stiff on back roads and twitchy. It doest seem as quick to turn in, but I won't know that for sure until a track day. Get on the highway and put it 6th gear and it cruises. A ton of tire noise and a bit of exhaust drone. I really think the car has to be driven at 7/10ths to come alive. Just driving around town it's boring. It redlines so fast that you're always shifting between 1st and 2nd and even up to 3rd or 4th to try an eliminate the exhaust drone. You can't practice heel toe. At street speeds the brakes pop your eyes out of your head when you just touch the pedal. No way it gets a deep enough drop to heel toe.
Interesting. Maybe the car needs to be properly 'dialed in'. Pete "savvyboy" had his I believe. The tire/road noise is due to the greatly reduced sound deadening they used (or didn't lol) and possibly the '2RS only tires'?

Have you not driven a car with Gen 2 PCCB's in a 997 Chassis prior to this?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
It's odd about your brakes? Mine are excellent.
Don't get me wrong about the brakes. They are excellent. I've had PCCB's before. They work as designed. The point I was making is that the bite is so good, at street speeds it's almost instantaneous. The car stops literally on a dime with very little pedal pressure. So you can't pretend you're taking a 90 degree right hander at the end of the straight. The car is almost stopped dead long before you can heel toe. THe 2RS is as advertised, it's a great car, it will be a killer on the track. I just think the GT3RS has more soul and a bit more feel for half the price. I'm not saying my 2RS is flawed or defective. It drives as it's designed too. It's a Turbo with a 6800RPM redline. I personally like the way the 3RS winds up better than a Turbo. The 3RS exhaust is addictive. The 2RS exhaust is annoying. Once again, my ears, not everyone else's.

Last edited by BBTurbo; 03-28-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I dout you will like the GT2 rs any better when you get your GTO home. Just hope I get to drive the 2RS before you sell it.

Last edited by JonA85; 03-29-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
hopefully you will enjoy the car more on the track.
now just waiting for your opinion on the GTO

Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Don't get me wrong about the brakes. They are excellent. I've had PCCB's before. They work as designed. The point I was making is that the bite is so good, at street speeds it's almost instantaneous. The car stops literally on a dime with very little pedal pressure. So you can't pretend you're taking a 90 degree right hander at the end of the straight. The car is almost stopped dead long before you can heel toe. THe 2RS is as advertised, it's a great car, it will be a killer on the track. I just think the GT3RS has more soul and a bit more feel for half the price. I'm not saying my 2RS is flawed or defective. It drives as it's designed too. It's a Turbo with a 6800RPM redline. I personally like the way the 3RS winds up better than a Turbo. The 3RS exhaust is addictive. The 2RS exhaust is annoying. Once again, my ears, not everyone else's.
The car only redlines at 6800? I thought it went into the 8's?

That's the most annoying thing about all Porsche Turbo's. You are constantly shifting.

PCCB's have always been a neg for heel toe.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
The car only redlines at 6800? I thought it went into the 8's?

That's the most annoying thing about all Porsche Turbo's. You are constantly shifting.

PCCB's have always been a neg for heel toe.
I have to agree with you about the low redline being a downer. Really do wish that it goes higher.

And yes, in a big way....PCCB's suck for heel-toe techniques. I prefer the standard reds on the track because of that.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Yoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished road
The exhaust isn't too quiet, it's just not a great sound. Too much drone on the highway and at 3500 or so RPM. Between the GT3RS and the F-Cars I'm spoiled.
I hate drone also. I luv the GT3 exhaust especially with Bypass.....for you, sounds like it is time to add that Akrapovic and listen to music exhaust

Quick Reply: MY GT2RS Homecoming Pics