Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2RS Inventory hurting cars reputation???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:22 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
H20, you keep talking about cars and too much power, yet isn't the average "sports" car in your garage over 500HP?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
no sir.....Only 3 over 500hp One I wouldn't track because a supercharged Camaro doesn't sound fun on the track.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:30 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
I see, well then, how much HP in total do you own?

Besides your chever-legs.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
I see, well then, how much HP in total do you own?

Besides your chever-legs.
I don't know for sure. I had that picture taken with 7 of them and the total was over 3000. I'd guess 1 NHRA Dragster worth. Not including my 550hp Semi's at work.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
+1.
+2

...and do not forget that despite what mentioned around, GT2RS does not represent any technical innovation compared to a normal GT2.
Unless you consider a "pumped" obsolete 3.6L engine as an innovation...
Having said that I am sure it remains a faboulous and stunning car to own/drive... it MUST be for 240K€....

Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I disagree. Having owned a depreciation disaster of a car that is the GT2, I think the reason is that this car is just priced too high for what it is.

Which, at the end of the day, is a car that looks like every other 911 to most non car folks. Yes, even with the huge wing.

Look at what the 997 GT2's are going for, a few thousand miles and they are trading at not even 140K, WTF? And mint 996 GT2's? Even more pathetic.

Pricing the GT2 at 200K was a wrong business decision in 996, and is still wrong in 997. Pricing it at 260 or whatever they are for the RS an even bigger mistake.

People don't want to pay a quarter mil for a car that only looks special to car enthusiasts.

But don't get me wrong, I obviously loved GT2's, I just think they are priced incorrectly.
+1. You can't seriously expect to sell a car that basically looks like a $70K car for $270K. That is not realistic. At that price point F458/F430 Scuderia's and MP4-12C come into question. Heck add another $30K and CGT comes into play. Those cars are much more likely to attract a potential buyer.

IMHO the car is only for HARD CORE Porschephiles. Those who want the last of the great 3.6L variation cars. That is a very small niche at $265K.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
What I find interesting is most of you beating your chest that it's 'too much' $$ didn't fork over the $$ to get one and those who HAVE one absolutely adore them.

With respect, you guys want 620hp at GT3 prices? Gimme a break.... The car has been produced, delivered and enjoyed.

This chatter after the fact is just that; bs chatter. The car is a huge success. Only a matter of time before the remaining FEW are sold and gone. You guys had the same BS coversation when the CGT was in production, and now some you are bitching b/c you didn't step up and pay for the car in the first place. Only to go get a CGT thats had 2,3 or 4 owners.

Go buy one. Then lets see how much you might complain. Infact, if you buy one, and you complain the car isn't worth it- IMHO you've EARNED the right to speak about the car in such a manner.

Otherwise...

Shhhhhhh.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Any f***ing idiot can drive a F1 transmission. It takes balls to own and DRIVE a $265k -620hp, M/T RWD car around on and off a track.

-notice this isn't a comment about 'faster'
-notice this isn't a comment about 'what am I going to sell'
-notice this isn't a comment about 'track only cars'
-notice this isn't a comment about 'whats better for resale'
-notice this isn't a comment about 'anything NOT related to why there are only a FEW GT2RS on dealerships inventory'.
-notice this isn't a comment about 'hurting your flappy paddles feelers'.

<on the record>

You were saying?
I agree with your 1st comment. But doesn't the GT2RS has PSM. In that case it still saves your A$$ most of the time.

Regarding your second set of comments. Let me guess - you aren't in the market for one. Unless you are part of a royal family - losing a $100k on a car with only 3-5K miles on it is painful!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ritesh
I agree with your 1st comment. But doesn't the GT2RS has PSM. In that case it still saves your A$$ most of the time.

Regarding your second set of comments. Let me guess - you aren't in the market for one. Unless you are part of a royal family - losing a $100k on a car with only 3-5K miles on it is painful!

Painful but it happens with all exotics. fcars have dropped even more with less miles on the clock.

And it can be had for 250k, not 265

Old 03-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
What I find interesting is most of you beating your chest that it's 'too much' $$ didn't fork over the $$ to get one and those who HAVE one absolutely adore them.

With respect, you guys want 620hp at GT3 prices? Gimme a break.... The car has been produced, delivered and enjoyed.

This chatter after the fact is just that; bs chatter. The car is a huge success. Only a matter of time before the remaining FEW are sold and gone. You guys had the same BS coversation when the CGT was in production, and now some you are bitching b/c you didn't step up and pay for the car in the first place. Only to go get a CGT thats had 2,3 or 4 owners.

Go buy one. Then lets see how much you might complain. Infact, if you buy one, and you complain the car isn't worth it- IMHO you've EARNED the right to speak about the car in such a manner.

Otherwise...

Shhhhhhh.
You my friend, speak the truth

Originally Posted by Ritesh
Unless you are part of a royal family - losing a $100k on a car with only 3-5K miles on it is painful!
See the last video in post #31 in this thread for a reality check. That white 2010 GT3RS in my rear-view cam has PSM on. Talk to me about safety nets and ass saving? My GT3RS went into a wall last year as most of you remember with PSM on.

If you think the electronics prevent Darwin Moments, they don't. Disrespect the car and it will certainly kill you very quickly.

Regarding potential for drop in value, ALL cars are depreciating assets. Come to terms with this concept, accept it, and then go drive the car as it was meant for.

Originally Posted by Green
Painful but it happens with all exotics. fcars have dropped even more with less miles on the clock

Quick Reply: GT2RS Inventory hurting cars reputation???