Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2RS Inventory hurting cars reputation???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
GT2RS Inventory hurting cars reputation???

I've read a few threads where comments have been made regarding the handful of cars sitting in dealer showrooms. If I can paraphrase a bit, comments have been, "The Car didn't sell out, so it must be a dud.". "Car will depreciate drastically." "They should already be selling below MSRP." In todays day and age a build of 500 cars isn't really that limited and the performance of the car is almost met by other sub $300k supercars, so I don't think this is a classic investors car in that sense. But it is the highest performance Porsche ever. For that alone, it deserves a special place in Porsche history. 620 HP from a factory warranteed, flat six is an amazing technical achievement. Not to mention the razor sharp handling.

The GT2RS is a phenomenal supercar, but it does seem like it's $260k price tag and lack of 100% sellout (due to dealer speculation and a few last minute walkaways) have dampened the enthusiasm a bit. Without a more radical re-body, the 500 unit build and with the high price, I think this car was always destined for a little bit of a slow roll. It will be appreciated more for what it is vs. what it isn't, when the dealer cars clear out and more people get to experience the GT2RS in it's natural habitat, the track. It would be disappointing to think that the GTRS is already yesterdays news. In the US, the cars haven't even been here long enough to need an oil change.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Who cares about a car's reputation? If you love it and it puts a smile on your face then that's all that matters.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
It just bugs me that in today's supercar world even great is never good enough.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think there's anything wrong with the car. The problem as I have herd it is that Porsche claimed it was sold out and wouldn't give a allocation to repeate customers that lived in cretin markets. So now cars are sitting in showrooms unsold instead of good customers garages

Old 03-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully it resonates with Porsche to bring the 918 MSRP down a bit.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold
The dealer here in Salt Lake City did not get an allocation, yet unless you were a known customer of a large dealer in a large market (based on my own personal query) you could forget it. They were supposed to be "all sold out" pretty much when they were announced. That being said, where are cars for sale? There are none on AUtotrader, cars.com, or Dupont registry?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
There's 3 for sale in Canada. I saw another 3-4 listen in dupont registry but the ads may have been pulled

Old 03-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Arone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant future
1 in fairfield ct right now

Old 03-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
So what your saying is you want me to drive your GT2 rs?

Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Hopefully it resonates with Porsche to bring the 918 MSRP down a bit.
You're doing it wrong. Hopefully the 918 brings down the GT2RS prices...I would much rather have the RS with the manual box!

PS matt I like the avatar

Quick Reply: GT2RS Inventory hurting cars reputation???