Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st CGT impressions...How come nobody told me its a POS???!!!! (book long!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 04:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
1st CGT impressions...How come nobody told me its a POS???!!!! (book long!)

I have seen every word written and video taken on the CGT, nobody ever mentioned how much it sucked around town!! I'm gonna tell u exactly how i feel and not let its status and hype confuse you. Everybody said its very involving but nobody told me that the gigantic mirrors coupled with the a-pillar can hide 747s in the back!!

I still have the two widow makers from Porsche, the 1st 930 and the 996GT2, so I'm used to tricky cars after all these years, but i have no idea whats coming....

I took off after its being detailed to better than new condition, not a blemish inside and out, and was not so shocked to find out that the clutch is tricky and difficult to modulate, mind u this is the first time i even sat in the GT for more than a minute.

I ease into traffic like a mouse merging into a pack of lions, tip-toeing forward like everyone wants a piece of me, such a pain in the a$$. After 10 miles of stop and go traffic, im about to throw the car away. Totally different than the superman-esque flying style of the fcars in traffic.

And them gigantic mirrors are blocking the pedestrians from being alive! Luckily it was like near freezing outside so i inch home with all my might using my leg, arm, and hip strength to bring this baby home without soaking the seats with hard earned sweat. Much harder to drive than the GT2(my hardest).

Once stopped under good lighting, i realized how carbonistic the interior really is, sure my fcars got lots of carbon, but most carbon pieces in the GT is utilitarian and purposeful, it doesn't shout at u like in the fcars, but its there because it has to be, so u dont pay much attention to them when ur driving.

After i parked, i got out and stare at it for 2 hours sitting in the garage. IT IS the most BEAUTIFUL car i ever seen!! PERIOD!! I open the rear deck and saw the naked carbon that has just been polished by the detailing shop.... WOW!!

IT IS the most beautiful and a mechanical feast to the eyes! Pretty soon i forget how much it sucked driving it home, the heavy controls, the ambient noises in the cabin, the huge blind spots front and rear....., I will never drive around town in this thing, EVER!

Then i wait till its 11pm, and i went out again when theres not much traffic, i got couple short blasted around the express ways to 4th gear, and its like heaven was half open, i didnt go over 7K RPM, because i read so many horror stories that u guys told me, but u just cant help but punch the thing.... it begs u to dig deep! I suddenly realized this thing is made for the track not the streets........, especially not the streets in front of my house. Then it got late, i carry it home under my last remaining strength, said good bye to my dream and passed out. No more dreams.

Next day, i woke up, got down to the garage and can not believe its still there!! HAHA! I arranged a drive with the ex-owner in a Murcie and some fcars and we go for a drive. I forgot to mention i stalled like 6 times last night in 25 miles, but i did realize that by letting go of the clutch completely but slowly, the car takes off without touching the throttle like an automatic, my GT2 does that but in a less sensitive matter. So now, i learned not to stall. Car is still a pain in the a$$ in traffic, but once it got to the mountains, everyone was shocked i was going so fast, car moves beautifully from left to right very smooth and totally different from any car i ever drove. It doesnt feel fast and the half open exhaust is just awesome but not too loud. However, i do feel its a little soft in corners and very twitchy in the city's bad roads. Gear changes from 1st to 2nd can grind if not deliberate.

After the drive, im about 15 times more exhausted than doing the same in the scud, ex-owner said I'm just not used to it, Clarkson might say its more demanding, but whatever it was, i did HAVE TO DRIVE this thing home instead of being a mere passenger.

Is it a better car than my fcars?? i dont know. It certainly is more beautiful. But Ferrari's are so easy to go fast and look tremendously awesome doing it, it makes the GT feel like a POS, especially in the city. Not after I drove to the mountains, i think i made a huge mistake, but even after a spirited drive, i feel that fcars are more rewarding, the GT is just too punishing, maybe i need to get used to it, i dont know. No point about making a track argument, because we don't got any....yet.

I already feel like i made a huge mistake 2 seconds after i pull out of the driveway for the first time, its frightening and not confidence-inspiring at all. Anybody who driven this car who said its awesome must have a last named Porsche or first name Walter, or he is afraid of a falling resell value once all of you know what this car is all about.

You can jump into any car and be faster than the GT, guess this is why the purists love it so much. But the car's beauty and design elements calmed down that POS notion tremendously, this is a car to be admired while standing still, nothing beats the beauty of this thing, i have yet to see a Cinque in person, but i have seen a lot of sh!t, and this GT is BAR NONE the best looking inside and out ANYWHERE.

I live in a heavily populated city, its not the place to have a CGT, if ur front driveway connects to Ortega or Angeles Crest, than this is the car u MUST buy. Did i make a huge mistake?? No way!! My dream came true! But dreams are not supposed to come true, so you know....I have so much more to say, but I'm exhausted....

1st drive and on-the-go tire nitrogen guy, nice!! :

ready for some action with the friendenemies :

Old 12-28-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Love this review! You are a funny guy.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel bad for the poor poor man with the pos cgt (your words not mine). Lol hope it grows on you we need some driving vids to go with your pics!

Old 12-28-2010, 05:20 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoy it in the best of health, now get yourself a matching watch AP ROO Bumblebee.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
ask kuzi, he knows I'm poor!

Originally Posted by gmaccormack
I feel bad for the poor poor man with the pos cgt (your words not mine). Lol hope it grows on you we need some driving vids to go with your pics!

Old 12-28-2010, 05:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Enjoy it in the best of health, now get yourself a matching watch AP ROO Bumblebee.
That's not a bad idea, just for shits and giggles!

Congrats on the car, drive safely!

Old 12-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
for a ferrari as good looking, you'll have to go "old school", F40... great read, and very honest... personally i would have still have gone for the GT2RS... somehow "porsche" means "911" to me... having said that, the CGT is timeless... congrats, you just bought yourself a piece of history )

Old 12-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
andremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enough
lol love it....You have my dream...and I never sit on one before...and I only saw one passing by the hiway...but I love that thing!

Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Tristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura about
Love the honest review. I'm not really going to say anything else because I haven't even seen a CGT but you've got to admire the fact that it's 'hard' to drive considering its a very modern supercar. I'm sure you'll get used to it and like all things that you distain when you first learn about them, you come to love them the most in the end.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Haha...you are crazy...

Beautiful CGT, looks great with all the trim blacked out.