Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st CGT impressions...How come nobody told me its a POS???!!!! (book long!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
What a great review. Loved reading it and your honest opinion.
Thank you, congratulations, and remain safe.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
very challenging, yes! but why at walk pace??
i will understand if its tricky at the limit or going very fast, but the simple act of getting in and out to the huge blind spots are more lambo than porsche. not to mention difficult to drive around town.

all 4 CGT owners that i know who drive their's often are between 10 to 20 years older than me, they never complain like i did(i admit im spoiled), they all love its challengingness and all the other stuff we read here about the CGT, like rewarding, involving, need skill......
all of them has all the latest and greatest cars and they all said they will keep the CGT when they can only keep one! thats saying a lot.
One owner even told me that although its hard to drive, but he always look for excuses to drive it, now i have to agree. because why do i keep going out and punish myself with it, im either crazy or i love it. or both.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Hey John, I think we both had pretty similar first impressions of driving the CGT. It's certainly not an easy car to drive around town but get some space to yourself and it's a dream.

I think what makes the car so special is that it is just that little bit more challenging to drive than most cars. It keeps it interesting and the more you drive it, the longer you'll want to stick with, learning to nail the shift points and handle the car at speed....!

Old 12-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Wow John, from I have a dream speech to, what? Sell it because it beckons to be used like the romantic animal she is!! Form, function, raw power and back to basics!! The last on the true Super Cars!! Sell it, because the whining and ferrari hype are getting old!! Just my .02 Pal, from a commoner that can only have a dream!!

Old 12-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I laughed my ass off. Thanks John After driving my 67 stang, I feel like I could drive a tank to the grocer with more ease Let you know if I feel the same after a spin in mine.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
exactly! my 930 doesnt even have power steering or anything but its easier to get around than the GT.
i truly dont know how other owners do it, but mine already has a exhaust, better handling alignment, suspension with 4 wheel lift via remote or button on the dash, these makes driving much easier than stock already!

Originally Posted by Mike S
I laughed my ass off. Thanks John After driving my 67 stang, I feel like I could drive a tank to the grocer with more ease Let you know if I feel the same after a spin in mine.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
having never driven or purchased a CGT because im a poorer mofo, id suggest you hit the gym! (or find your balls)

Old 12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
ddk
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished road
I don't know much but watching the cgt and gtr side by side on the nurburgring its clear which one is 'hard' to drive or may be a little 'soft' - Its a bad comparison between the two but shows how beautiful the cgt really is imo. I believe they even ran pretty close the same times..

YouTube - 09 NISSAN GT-R VS Porsche Carrera GT @ Nurburgring

Old 12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Well if you want a nanny car Ferrari's are still being made.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
You could always trade it in on a 599 Gto seeing as you have a fondness for fcars

Old 12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
getting old.
I whole heartedly agree.

Now I do not want to be an a$$ here but:
OP, to me I just do not know how to take your words and comments.
IMHO they strike me as a bit of an insult to all that work equally or harder than yourself and will never see or realize your returns/acquisitions.
The "I'm poor" comment as quoted above gets old. If you're poor then all others below do not deserve to exist.

Sorry
Ranger