Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st CGT impressions...How come nobody told me its a POS???!!!! (book long!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
ppl like you are the reason ferrari/lambo have stopped offering manual cars. it requires interaction, embrace it. might be one of the last supercars to be configured this way, a proper drivers car.

Originally Posted by johnsgt
ask kuzi, he knows im poor!
getting old.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
stop crying

I find the CGT easy as hell to drive. If anything its annoying around town as everything and everyone is so slow and you can easily go so fast. Throw in stop and go traffic and as you said the horribly placed mirrors and its deffently not the car you drive to the coffee shop like a tool like ferrari owners do for attention, its actually ment to be driven on the fun roads Lil tip for the mirrors that are right at face level, peak above or below before EVER turning into an intersection. Great placement for racing, horrible for the street.

CGT is for real men, ferraris are for pansises that cant drive unless it has paddles and crave comfort, cup holders and attention.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
So it's the case of the Emperor's new clothing eh? Everyone is keeping the POS secret? I've only been a passenger myself once so I can't comment much but from where I was sitting, this car is also my dream

Thanks for the write up. It was funny

Old 12-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Hey John, I think we both had pretty similar first impressions of driving the CGT. It's certainly not an easy car to drive around town but get some space to yourself and it's a dream.

I think what makes the car so special is that it is just that little bit more challenging to drive than most cars. It keeps it interesting and the more you drive it, the longer you'll want to stick with, learning to nail the shift points and handle the car at speed.

I only had the chance to drive one once, and I doubt I'll ever get a chance to do it again, so please enjoy this car for both of us!

Old 12-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
CinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to allCinqueValvole is a name known to all
Congrats!!! I didn't know they actually plated a CGT here in TW.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
in contrast, my 2 is much easier to shift, its the position that takes getting used to and the floor mounted pedals, look hot but needs time.

Originally Posted by IIVVX
ppl like you are the reason ferrari/lambo have stopped offering manual cars. it requires interaction, embrace it. might be one of the last supercars to be configured this way, a proper drivers car..

Old 12-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute

You're a riot!

now Man up and handle the beast!

Old 12-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
ur right on everything u said, i might even be a woman posing as a man.
but the huge mirrors are truly dangerous.

im gonna start treating the GT as a workout station from now on, didnt know i was posing and cant drive till i got this. haha.

Originally Posted by Auctung
stop crying

I find the CGT easy as hell to drive. If anything its annoying around town as everything and everyone is so slow and you can easily go so fast. Throw in stop and go traffic and as you said the horribly placed mirrors and its deffently not the car you drive to the coffee shop like a tool like ferrari owners do for attention, its actually ment to be driven on the fun roads Lil tip for the mirrors that are right at face level, peak above or below before EVER turning into an intersection. Great placement for racing, horrible for the street.

CGT is for real men, ferraris are for pansises that cant drive unless it has paddles and crave comfort, cup holders and attention.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
luckily that clothing is the most beautiful thing i ever seen, otherwise....... yea.

Originally Posted by .:Raul
So it's the case of the Emperor's new clothing eh? Everyone is keeping the POS secret? I've only been a passenger myself once so I can't comment much but from where I was sitting, this car is also my dream

Thanks for the write up. It was funny

Old 12-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
If it turns out you don't get used to it, you can strip the chassis of the beautiful body parts so you can look at them, and then send the chassis out to me . I'll pay shipping and all.

Great review.