Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st CGT impressions...How come nobody told me its a POS???!!!! (book long!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Des
Teamspeed Rookie
Des is a name known to allDes is a name known to allDes is a name known to allDes is a name known to allDes is a name known to allDes is a name known to allDes is a name known to allDes is a name known to allDes is a name known to allDes is a name known to allDes is a name known to all
Great story on a great car! It so reminds me of the experience two friends of mine had on Gumball 2007:

Needless to say I’m so upset that, regrettably, I turn off the time lapse camera’s and my original idea for making a short film of all 3000 miles of the Gumball Rally is crushed! Feeling some-what defeated we started driving back to London. I’m half English and half American, but I have enough good sense to know London, but Steve is not so lucky. As we were cruising back to London in our $400,000 automobile I noticed a new sign; we were entering Brixton (think EuroCompton). Not only did we enter Brixton, we entered the worst part of Brixton, and our Co-Pilot navigation unity sent us up all these non-primary roads that were covered in speed bumps.

The next part of the story can only be summarized as sum enormous joke by God to torture both of us (and in particular Steve). The Carrera GT has a very trick clutch that make going from a stop to a start a continual challenge. Somehow this part of Brixton, and I’m not exaggerating the slightest, had more speed bumps then area of the world I have ever witnessed. Yet again, I would not be exaggerating, if I said that we went across at least one hundred fairly high (Mt Everest if you are a Carrera GT) speed bumps over a 30 minute period trying to get our way back to a primary road. Yet as we were on our way back to London and this is when our next sub-adventure began. Three cheers to Co-Pilot, our navigation system, for sending us through a “challenging” area of London on our way to Trafalgar parking lot.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GTbeowulf is an unknown quantity at this point
TRUE sports cars are brutal to drive on streets. I guess CGT is the real deal. Maybe Ferrari's/their owners are soft...... lol. Kudos on your collection.