Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011 | 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I would stab a guess that you'd be faster around the track in a 500 bhp GT3RS than in your 620 bhp GT2RS?
Nürburgring lap times
997 GT3RS mk2 = 7:40
997 GT2 = 7:32
997 GT2RS = 7:18

I have a hard time believing the GT3RS LE will be below the 7:18...
It will for sure be more fun to drive around a track and "easier" to handle but not faster than the 2RS

Old 03-01-2011 | 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Nürburgring lap times

It will for sure be more fun to drive around a track and "easier" to handle but not faster than the 2RS
The GT2RS will be the fastest outgoing 997, no doubt...

Old 03-01-2011 | 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Nürburgring lap times

]
Anyone know the time for the Turbo S?

Thanks,

asg

Old 03-01-2011 | 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
triptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to all
I thought the 997.2 GT3 RS did the 'ring in 7:33 and the regular 997.2 GT3 did it in 7:40? I believe the Turbo S did it in 7:40 or 7:44 but I can't find the link.

Old 03-02-2011 | 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by asg612
Anyone know the time for the Turbo S?

Thanks,

asg
Nordschleife lap records - FastestLaps.com

the time above is surely in the wet...

Old 03-02-2011 | 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by triptoo
I thought the 997.2 GT3 RS did the 'ring in 7:33 and the regular 997.2 GT3 did it in 7:40? I believe the Turbo S did it in 7:40 or 7:44 but I can't find the link.
Yes, you are right... my mistake there

Old 03-02-2011 | 03:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Nürburgring lap times

Only time will tell...
According to some speculations the LE might be even more track-orientated compared to the GT2RS.
If this is true its overall setup could fill the power gap existing between the two "sisters"...
Let'see what appens...

Old 03-02-2011 | 03:45 AM
Banned
chapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond repute
My reasoning for not owning Porsche- make up your minds! They always change/add models and really, the changes are sometimes mild and disappointing.. but this LE is actually grabbing my attention. I hope this works for them and hope people are pleased of the outcomes, if anyone is to get one here.. please give us updates! I'd love to hear the reviews of the auto and just really the 'freedom' of the car.
now we wait.. come on Porsche! Bring out the big dawg..

Old 03-02-2011 | 03:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Latest i heard from Geneva is production to start in June... Porsche still got time before releasing official information...

Old 03-02-2011 | 03:55 AM
Banned
chapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond repute
Time to get final touches done, set and stone. I hope they make a great introductory to what I think may be the best Porsche we've seen in a while besides the Panamera Turbo- which I still think the is the 3rd best Porsche following the 911 GT1 and CGT.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!