Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
NelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 20C4S
depends on what it really is i guess. in terms of value, straight 4.0L, NA, 500hp, yes. Hybrid of any sort, i doubt it.

the current RS is not doing well on the market. i could've picked one up much cheaper than the one i ordered. i'm sticking to it because i spec it. if this so-called LE version comes out i'm 95% won't take delivery on mine. however, i have 0 interested on the hybrid technology though.

Yup, I agree and 98% sure I won't take my incoming RS if the LE 4.0 is true.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NelsonF
Yup, I agree and 98% sure I won't take my incoming RS if the LE 4.0 is true.
i'm just curious, knowing they are completely different cars anyway, but if this thing is gonna stir the current GT2RS order. i bet it's affected.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
daedton is an unknown quantity at this point
I won't be taking my October build .2 RS either if this thing is real. My car isn't expected to arrive until November.....and I asked this dealer 5 days ago if this LE was happening and they were insistent that it wasn't. I'm hoping we know either way in the next 4 weeks. Porsche is going to lose many existing orders due to this. But then the dealer network will be the ones stuck.

07 RS
98 C2S
97 C4S
77 911S
2011 RS incoming (but will deny if RS LE is true)

Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
juancooldude is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 20C4S
i'm just curious, knowing they are completely different cars anyway, but if this thing is gonna stir the current GT2RS order. i bet it's affected.
I bailed on my GT2RS order just from this rumor...

Old 09-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
well fella's i hope you jump on this le gt3rs if it is indeed true i see it as being better than the gt2rs, which makes me wonder as to why porsche is building this car, but we shall see

Old 09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
My personal opinion on this whole issue...

The GT 3RS, GT 2RS, and the 500hp GT3 RS (mk3) are very different machines for very different people...
The mk3 buyers are going to be one of two, the guy that will treat it as a garage queen and the guy who will track the hell out of it. It will not be as comfortable as the 3RS around town and will not be in the same budget to keep running. Talking about budgets, it will not even be in the same price category. Its going to be just just south of the 200k that is about 70k over the 3RS (53%) not like the price different of a nicely spec'd GT3 and the 3RS which is about 10k (7%) here in the GCC anyways. Thats looking at $$$, if I look at where the 3RS is today and the numbers produced, it is way more available than the older RSs. I am not saying its not a special car I am only saying its an attainable special car... the mk3 is going to be limited, very limited, weather 500 or less remains to be seen... The drivability is still a big question, if you have been in a GT3 Cup or a RSR you know what I am talking about. To get the extra 50hp to perform on the road, the corners and see the result in lap time the car will be much more demanding that a 3RS. Its not for every driver its not for every budget and even if you had both you may not be one of the lucky few.

When I look at the mk3 and the 2RS I also see a large difference... yes they maybe in the same price range but the gear ratios and power delivery are poles apart, making them for very different drivers. One is a high compression high rev'n beast and the other is a low compression bi-turbo'd monster!! Both rightly deserve the title "widow maker" but only one will be the fastest most powerful porsche build to date, and may stay that way for some time...

Just my

Old 09-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
^ I definetly respect your opinion and no doubt the gt2rs is one hell of a machine I'm just saying I personally am a gt3 guy and I'm extremely excited about this car

Old 09-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joshg120
^ I definetly respect your opinion and no doubt the gt2rs is one hell of a machine I'm just saying I personally am a gt3 guy and I'm extremely excited about this car
Thank you sir and please note that I did not post in response to your statement, I just felt everyone is so against this car happening and IMHO for the wrong reasons...

The car is happening and a big congratz to any person getting one

Old 09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Good post. Agree with all of it.

Originally Posted by GrayTT
My personal opinion on this whole issue...

The GT 3RS, GT 2RS, and the 500hp GT3 RS (mk3) are very different machines for very different people...
The mk3 buyers are going to be one of two, the guy that will treat it as a garage queen and the guy who will track the hell out of it. It will not be as comfortable as the 3RS around town and will not be in the same budget to keep running. Talking about budgets, it will not even be in the same price category. Its going to be just just south of the 200k that is about 70k over the 3RS (53%) not like the price different of a nicely spec'd GT3 and the 3RS which is about 10k (7%) here in the GCC anyways. Thats looking at $$$, if I look at where the 3RS is today and the numbers produced, it is way more available than the older RSs. I am not saying its not a special car I am only saying its an attainable special car... the mk3 is going to be limited, very limited, weather 500 or less remains to be seen... The drivability is still a big question, if you have been in a GT3 Cup or a RSR you know what I am talking about. To get the extra 50hp to perform on the road, the corners and see the result in lap time the car will be much more demanding that a 3RS. Its not for every driver its not for every budget and even if you had both you may not be one of the lucky few.

When I look at the mk3 and the 2RS I also see a large difference... yes they maybe in the same price range but the gear ratios and power delivery are poles apart, making them for very different drivers. One is a high compression high rev'n beast and the other is a low compression bi-turbo'd monster!! Both rightly deserve the title "widow maker" but only one will be the fastest most powerful porsche build to date, and may stay that way for some time...

Just my

Old 09-24-2010, 02:46 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hani I just heard on CNBC you

is now worth

Great post!

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!