Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011 | 02:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
Wow, considering that Porsche AG hasn't announced the car or even given a hint of an allocation to any dealer anywhere in the world, your guy is sure taking leap of faith on Qty.
dealers have been briefly briefed about it during a dealers meeting a few months back at the HQ... that brief included 500 bhp, 4.0 liters, and 500 units... and requests for allocations and serial numbers do take place early on... this is 1st hand info, otherwise i wouldn't post it... not to mention i'm personally booked for one, and this would be my 5th Porsche, dealer has no reason to BS me

Old 01-25-2011 | 04:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
marakji, you better get pictures of the car... & this better be promising!

Old 01-25-2011 | 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by marakji
dealers have been briefly briefed about it during a dealers meeting a few months back at the HQ... that brief included 500 bhp, 4.0 liters, and 500 units... and requests for allocations and serial numbers do take place early on... this is 1st hand info, otherwise i wouldn't post it... not to mention i'm personally booked for one, and this would be my 5th Porsche, dealer has no reason to BS me
This car will be produced.
If you are in good terms with your OPD it will confirm that too...
I am a little skeptical about the 3/4 allocations mentioned by Marakji's dealer: no Official Importer knows how many LE will be delivered as the car officially does not exist yet.

Old 01-25-2011 | 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
daedton is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems like we've gathered a lot of the expected details. 485-500hp, 500 units (worldwide), revised suspension (from gt2rs?), revised aerokit (???), lighter (from using carbon components from gt2rs), naturally aspirated (i hope!), higher redline (I hope!), priced between speedster and gt2rs? Any guess as the the limited color options it will be released with?

2011 RS LE (deposit down)
2007 RS
1998 C2S
1997 C4S
1977 911S

Old 01-25-2011 | 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
500 Hp natural aspired, even higher revving as the 3RS?
This should be brutal fun to drive.
Porsche does a perfect job at the moment.
GT2RS, 918RSR, 918 Spyder, Carrera GTS, GT3RS, Turbo S,...
and they all performe and look fantastic

Old 01-25-2011 | 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by daedton
Seems like we've gathered a lot of the expected details. 485-500hp, 500 units (worldwide), revised suspension (from gt2rs?), revised aerokit (???), lighter (from using carbon components from gt2rs), naturally aspirated (i hope!), higher redline (I hope!), priced between speedster and gt2rs? Any guess as the the limited color options it will be released with?

2011 RS LE (deposit down)
2007 RS
1998 C2S
1997 C4S
1977 911S
Cannot be priced between speedster and GT2RS... The resulting gap with the GT2RS would be too narrow, less than 10%... The GT2RS is about 30% over the GT2, I see the limited edition at 30% over the GT3 or a tad more... Placing it in fact in TTS territory... IMHO

Old 01-25-2011 | 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by 670-SV
marakji, you better get pictures of the car... & this better be promising!
No way for pics now... Dealers were shown a poster, no phones/cameras allowed

Old 01-25-2011 | 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Ressy
This car will be produced.
If you are in good terms with your OPD it will confirm that too...
I am a little skeptical about the 3/4 allocations mentioned by Marakji's dealer: no Official Importer knows how many LE will be delivered as the car officially does not exist yet.
Over the years, many dealers have learned to figure out what to expect in such instances, how much to indicate for, and when to do so... My dealer got one GT2RS, simple cause he indicated for one early one... He could have had two for sure... It's not always so mathematical, there are qualitative subjective considerations which come in play, as with every sales job... I can elaborate, but I'll bore you guys )

Old 01-25-2011 | 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
No way for pics now... Dealers were shown a poster, no phones/cameras allowed
Were you privvy to see the poster? Can you elaborate more on the looks? Thanks!

Old 01-25-2011 | 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Cannot be priced between speedster and GT2RS... The resulting gap with the GT2RS would be too narrow, less than 10%... The GT2RS is about 30% over the GT2, I see the limited edition at 30% over the GT3 or a tad more... Placing it in fact in TTS territory... IMHO
I think you're right, it will probably cost about the same as a Turbo S...

Last edited by PaulGeudon; 01-25-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!