Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jwm8375
time will tell, like i told you then, i personally didnt see it but was in fact told this, he claimed to have driven it? but who knows anymore whats real and whats not?? lol
Well you know, maybe he did drive an 8 cylinder 911. They could have just been experimenting with the engine. But lets just blind ourselves from that for now.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
honzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by A430v
That herein lies the problem. Porsche have admitted to constantly monitoring the boards in the past. If they would have incorporated some of the ideas in this thread or over at Rennlist, it would prove they truly listen to the customer's voice.
It just seems so bonkers to me: at a time where companies pay big bucks for "market research" and similar stuff, you have #1472 posts outlining exactly what the customer wants. Not only that, but most of the desires here are very reasonable to be mass produced, especially in the limited numbers and by such a big player such as Porsche. Maybe I will be surprised, but I was expecting something in the F430/Scuderia evolution...

Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
jwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura aboutjwm8375 has a spectacular aura about
i dont know about you but i CAN'T wait to see the SILVER edition!!! That's going to be the real show stopper!

when does the gt3 RS LE.2 come out?

Last edited by jwm8375; 04-27-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by honzarox
It just seems so bonkers to me: at a time where companies pay big bucks for "market research" and similar stuff, you have #1472 posts outlining exactly what the customer wants. Not only that, but most of the desires here are very reasonable to be mass produced, especially in the limited numbers and by such a big player such as Porsche. Maybe I will be surprised, but I was expecting something in the F430/Scuderia evolution...
It might have already been too late, or perhaps regulations restricted them from doing what they wanted. The only problem I find with this car, is that building 500 is too many! They should build 73, and no more.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Carrera
The only problem I find with this car, is that building 500 is too many! They should build 73, and no more.

600 it is, not 500

Old 04-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
Come on give it a chance not long before all the info is confirmed and we can marvel at (at least for now) the ultimate GT3RS.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3RS
Come on give it a chance not long before all the info is confirmed and we can marvel at (at least for now) the ultimate GT3RS.
rep!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura about
How can everyone be "disappointed" by a car that hasn't been announced yet ? I have yet to see a genuine spec sheet or even an official photo.

And why do people think it will be a "Cup"-like car ? The history of Porsche is one of incremental, evolutionary steps ( ie 356 A-B-C, 911 2.0, 2.2 2.4, etc.). Thus this car is destined to be an incremental (and better) car than the .2RS. If you want "Cup" flares, diff etc....buy a Cup car !! The GT3RS is, and always will be, a STREET car.

Based upon the "rumored" specs, this car will be a MUCH bigger step than before; .1 to .2 GT3 yielded a gain of +20-35hp; this car(again according to rumor..) will be +50hp vs .2RS, +65hp vs .2GT3 and +85hp vs. my current ('07) GT3...as much power as a 997 base Turbo and +100hp vs a 993 Turbo...how can you be disappointed in that ?

I have a deposit at my dealer for this car; like most buyers, I will decide to take it based on final price and spec. If it is like the Photoshops here, I will delete the stripes and order in white with silver wheels.

Let's wait and see what the offical announcement brings....but I am excited about a NA 911 with 500 hp.

Bill

Old 04-27-2011, 06:12 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
This thread = facepalm

Old 04-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Bill and Brobbins hit the nail on the head. The idiocy displayed here seriously hurts my head. Ive read many posts that sound like they came from an LSD trip and a pink Floyd album.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!