Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Spec - Post it up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
riviera blue
Fixed.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Congratulations, nice spec!

I have an option on a GT2RS which arrives in 10 days in that exact interior/exterior combo (not the finer details in options). So I'm still waiting to see what it looks like in person.

I will need to wait until January if I want my specific colour(still toggling between guards red/riviera blue).
Riviera!!! No-brainer for me... :-)

Old 08-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Now that many of you have congratulated me on the spec, I've slept on it and changed my mind. Switched to GT Silver Metallic, Black Wheels and the Red/Black interior. My Dealer had the Boxster Spider in GT with the black graphics. It really looked sharp. I also think the GT Silver with CF is a bit less contrasty and/or harsh vs the white with CF. Just a personal preference there. Added CF fenders, CF interior trim and Thick Steering Wheel with Black Spokes. I will add the CF Wing when I get the option code. .

No good reason to add Sport Chrono Plus unless it still provides overboost like the 997 TT's. I've just had it on all my Porsches so far. Automatic for me to check the box.

Here is the new spec.
911 GT2 RS

Exterior Color
GT Silver Metallic

Interior Color
Leather Interior in Black/Red

Exterior
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Headlight Cleaner Cover in Exterior Color
Carbon Fender (front)

Wheels
Standard 19" GT3 Wheel with Center Lock

Wheel Accessories
Wheels Painted in Black

Interior
Sport Bucket Seats
Floor Mats in Interior Color

Interior Alcantara
Thicker Steering Wheel Alcantara in Black/Red

Interior Carbon
Rear Section of Center Console in Carbon
Additional Interior Carbon Package

Audio and Communications
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Universal Audio Interface
Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone Interface
Sound Package Plus
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including Navigation Module

Old 08-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Crash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished road
Congratulations, nice spec!

I have an option on a GT2RS which arrives in 10 days in that exact interior/exterior combo (not the finer details in options). So I'm still waiting to see what it looks like in person.

I will need to wait until January if I want my specific colour(still toggling between guards red/riviera blue).
I thought they weren't doing paint to sample on the GT2RS.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Congratulations, that's an awesome spec.

For what it's worth, I would be hard pressed to roll the Stradale. I think this is going to be one of the classic Ferraris to hang on to in years to come.

Both your Scuderia/Stradale are top notch in my opinion because I am anti-stripes.

I'm biased toward the Italians, so I'd be parting ways with the Turbo S (mind you these are sitting at dealers - there are three unsold in my area alone) and the GT3RS.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turbodickie
If I can get a car it will be black with carbon fenders but my dealer may not get an allocation so I will be stuck with my old GT2.
that would be a fantastic combo. stuck huh? lol

Originally Posted by Clubber
However you spec her, please make sure to paint the CF hood body color.. It looks super cheap and ricey in bare CF...
+1

Old 08-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the build BB!

So do you, or does anyone out there know if Porsche will paint the carbon bits body color as an option?

Just askin' for those of us still dreaming of owning epic machines like this...

Old 08-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Crash
I thought they weren't doing paint to sample on the GT2RS.
They are considering it now which is an improvement from the flat "NO" a few months ago when I inquired. I personally think it will happen. I also comtemplated just going red to keep it easy. This lack of 100% confirmation etc. is annoying.

It will also add a substantial lead time on the delivery of your car, should paint to sample be approved.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
They are considering it now which is an improvement from the flat "NO" a few months ago when I inquired. I personally think it will happen. I also comtemplated just going red to keep it easy. This lack of 100% confirmation etc. is annoying.

It will also add a substantial lead time on the delivery of your car, should paint to sample be approved.
I think the difficulty to get the color would be well worth it. And if you choose to sell it, it will have a considerably higher value.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
I think the difficulty to get the color would be well worth it. And if you choose to sell it, it will have a considerably higher value.
very true, but i could never see Mike selling such a special car if he actually got his hands on it, truly a timeless car in a one of a kind color

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Spec - Post it up!