Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, the SL is the same and a good example, what you are not understanding is throwing parts on a car and passing it off as something else is (excuse my being direct) tacky, dishonest and lacks integrity. Do you tell everyone that it's not an RSR but it has everything but the wide body? Btw, you're also missing the center lock wheels.

For example, my car "looks" like a GT2, it has bigger brakes, front and rear body pieces, a hell of a lot of other stuff and it's faster than most of them. I would never disrespect myself, much less other GT2 owners by putting a badge or passing it off as such. I wouldn't try to pass it off as a "turbo S" either.

Our cars are extensions of ourselves, it is who we are. What is your car saying about you?

Originally Posted by OmahaGT
I understand you don't like it because it is not authentic, but the SL is hardly the same..... My GT3 has all the RS components and then some, except the wide body.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:15 AM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful! The "RS" stripes and "RSR" plate show that it is a track warrior. It is not about prestige and I'm not trying to fool anyone.

I was comparing it to 07-08 RS's. The new one has other differences besides wheels and is of course better.

Try not to be so uptight and self righteous. Best wishes!

Originally Posted by d33pblu3
Yeah, the SL is the same and a good example, what you are not understanding is throwing parts on a car and passing it off as something else is (excuse my being direct) tacky, dishonest and lacks integrity. Do you tell everyone that it's not an RSR but it has everything but the wide body? Btw, you're also missing the center lock wheels.

For example, my car "looks" like a GT2, it has bigger brakes, front and rear body pieces, a hell of a lot of other stuff and it's faster than most of them. I would never disrespect myself, much less other GT2 owners by putting a badge or passing it off as such. I wouldn't try to pass it off as a "turbo S" either.

Our cars are extensions of ourselves, it is who we are. What is your car saying about you?

Old 08-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
lool every1s taking this soo personal, im not a fan of whats been done, the .1 gt3 is awesome n doesnt need al of this but good luck

Old 08-18-2010, 10:15 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
I do have to admit you have put in the time and money to upgrade your car. That being said, enjoy and drive the heck out of it. Keep those eyes up when lapping my friend! ( I am not even going to mention the handycap parking spot )

Last edited by Brobbins016; 08-18-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
Heard you blasting away the other day up Harry Anderson towards Q... titanium exhaust sounds badass!

Old 08-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by daedalus
Heard you blasting away the other day up Harry Anderson towards Q... titanium exhaust sounds badass!
Thanks bud! It is pretty wicked. It has a little better sound than the AWE system and lost a lot more weight.

Here's a track video back when I had AWE system and yellow 997.1 RS stripes for those of you who haven't seen it. I'm obviously far from a pro.

YouTube - Porsche GT3 on the Road Course

Old 08-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
2010 alcantara lower dash and RS sills..

Name:  dash.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  176.9 KB

Name:  dash2.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  140.4 KB

Name:  seats and sills.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  110.3 KB

Name:  sills.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  237.6 KB

Old 08-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great but rollcage needs to be red.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Agreed. Seatbelts too.

Besides that this car is absolutely stunning!

Those are my favorite seats in the world. They just look so good.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
You've certainly thrown a ton of money into that beautiful slate grey machine... does your dad share your passion for the GT3? I notice you have his cars listed in your signature.

Quick Reply: 2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3