Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
Aside from the badges, it is an awesome car. You have done a great job with it and I have great respect for you to be putting it to great use on the track, why put misleading and dishonest badging on it?

Old 08-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JAMS
You've certainly thrown a ton of money into that beautiful slate grey machine... does your dad share your passion for the GT3? I notice you have his cars listed in your signature.

I put a lot of thought into the modifications. I don't "throw money at it." My dad is not into the rough ride and seats. He does not like the fake RS idea either. He loves the car, engine, and color though.

My mom drives the Cayenne Turbo S and the E550 coupe. The E550 is surprisingly good, a burnout machine! The others are my dad's. The GT3 and a 2003 Lexus GX470 are mine.

My dad has never been into modifying his cars, but he seems to be enjoying his red 2009 Turbo Cab with quite a few mods.

Was that a guess?

Old 08-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kraeburn
Aside from the badges, it is an awesome car. You have done a great job with it and I have great respect for you to be putting it to great use on the track, why put misleading and dishonest badging on it?
Thanks for the kind words. I understand why enthusiasts don't like it. It is closer to an RS than a GT3 though. It is an amazing car and it looks awesome. I don't feel like I need to justify it.

I'll update my signature for you JAMS!

Old 08-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by OmahaGT

I'll update my signature for you JAMS!
Oh, no need to do it for me... but you may want to do it for you; it's a small world.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by JAMS
Oh, no need to do it for me... but you may want to do it for you; it's a small world.
Hmm.. I've never said the cars are mine. I am fortunate enough to have some seat time and insight into them though. He knows I post them on here.

Why so mysterious? Are you friends with him? Have we met? Send me a private message or introduce yourself sometime!

Old 08-23-2010, 01:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious, how old are you?

Old 08-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
I just turned 24. I'm not giving you guys my social security number.

Last edited by OmahaGT; 08-23-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
Thanks for the kind words. I understand why enthusiasts don't like it. It is closer to an RS than a GT3 though. It is an amazing car and it looks awesome. I don't feel like I need to justify it.
Feels like a strange strategy if you don't want to justify it, since that is exactly what you have to do wherever you go in it . . .

"Hey dewd nice RS" ... "Yeah, uh, it's not an RS really but I have updated it with RS-y bits so I call it an RS"

Old 08-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
It's a gorgeous car and you've put so much money into it. I did several mods to my GT3 but only felt it was to make it better not to make it what it wasn't. Why portray it as something else?
It would appear you have the wherewithall to do such extensive mods. So why not just buy an RS?
Oh and the cars in your sig are not all yours? Isn't that what a sig is about, your cars past and present?
All the best, enjoy your car. It's a great GT3.

Ranger

Last edited by GT3Ranger; 08-23-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
Glad I came early and got a good seat.

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 08-23-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3