Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:05 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
I just bought a 328 with a M3 rear spoiler and wheels... WHEEEEEEEEEE I dyno'd it at 300 at the crank, and the new front spoiler should give another 60WHP. Hey where did my basketball go? Oh snap, look at that! My exhaust just ate my basketball!

Last edited by Brobbins016; 08-23-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
what happened to the roll cage? Did you take it out?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:42 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Feels like a strange strategy if you don't want to justify it, since that is exactly what you have to do wherever you go in it . . .

"Hey dewd nice RS" ... "Yeah, uh, it's not an RS really but I have updated it with RS-y bits so I call it an RS"
It's kind of like the scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Spicolli say's "my Dad's got an awesome set of tools, my Mom's E550 Cabrio is a totally 'bitchen burnout rig and my Dad's Cayenne Turbo totally rocks in the snow dude!"

Last edited by Brobbins016; 08-23-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jox
Feels like a strange strategy if you don't want to justify it, since that is exactly what you have to do wherever you go in it . . .

"Hey dewd nice RS" ... "Yeah, uh, it's not an RS really but I have updated it with RS-y bits so I call it an RS"
I meant I don't feel like I have to justify it more than I already have. I just love cars, especially the GT3. I think most people appreciate the pictures and details on the cars and RS-y bits.

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
It's a gorgeous car and you've put so much money into it. I did several mods to my GT3 but only felt it was to make it better not to make it what it wasn't. Why portray it as something else?
It would appear you have the wherewithall to do such extensive mods. So why not just buy an RS?
Oh and the cars in your sig are not all yours? Isn't that what a sig is about, your cars past and present?
All the best, enjoy your car. It's a great GT3.

Ranger
Thanks Ranger! Your GT3 was part of the inspiration for mine. I understand why you don't like the fake RS badging. I am only trying to make it better both in performance and looks too. The other cars in my signature are not mine, but I spend quite a bit of time with them.

Why not upgrade to 997.2 RS? Several reasons. I have put a lot of time, work, and money into it. I am not capable of getting all the speed out of it. The new one is a facelift, and mine looks strikingly similar. It actually looks better in ways. Sharkwerks can give it 50 more hp and higher revs than the new one. It is my first Porsche and I love it!

Originally Posted by GuessWho
what happened to the roll cage? Did you take it out?
Good eye! I fitted the seats before the roll bar. The space behind the seats became somewhat useless with the fixed back carbon seats.

Originally Posted by Brobbins016
It's kind of like the scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Spicolli say's "my Dad's got an awesome set of tools, my Mom's E550 Cabrio is a totally 'bitchen burnout rig and my Dad's Cayenne Turbo totally rocks in the snow dude!"
I apologize if I've came across as a brat. I just love cars! The E550 is a coupe, and it is a surprisingly wild animal with traction control off. I managed to get the Cayenne Turbo S stuck in the snow this last winter. It stopped trying to spin the tires when it got too hot.

Last edited by OmahaGT; 08-23-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
... Sharkwerks can give it 50 more hp and higher revs than the new one. It is my first Porsche and I love it!
You are referring to the 3.9L conversion, right?
Yes the 3.9L Sharkwerk's conversion would be an outstanding improvement mod for the .1 GT3/RS.
If you're thinking about it, done. Just do it. Can you imagine, what a sleeper!

Ranger

Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Omaha --- regardless of the graphics and our opinions, you have a fine car. Thank you for sharing.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
You are referring to the 3.9L conversion, right?
Yes the 3.9L Sharkwerk's conversion would be an outstanding improvement mod for the .1 GT3/RS.
If you're thinking about it, done. Just do it. Can you imagine, what a sleeper!

Ranger
Yes, the Sharkwerks 3.9 would be incredible! I have some other non-car priorities right now. Also, I would like to rack some miles up before tearing the engine apart. What do you think the best time mileage wise would be to do the rebuild?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Fantastic automobiles!

Enjoyed your photos over at http://www.cardomain.com/id/OmahaGT

Old 08-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by JAMS
Fantastic automobiles!

Enjoyed your photos over at http://www.cardomain.com/id/OmahaGT
Cardomain is kind of a cheesy site. It is easy to set up a nice web page for your car though.

Did you see the photos from PSDS. Were you perhaps there with me Dr. House? Tell us about the Cayman Cup cars.

Last edited by OmahaGT; 08-24-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
I see! I did refer to them as mine on a couple of the pages. I corrected it. Thanks JAMS.

Quick Reply: 2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3