Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
B16 FYS is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
B16 FYS after what happened state-side with Farnbacher-Lole racing the association that Oakley had I believe disintegrated and Oakley has disappeared in the US market apparently.
I too wanted that front splitter. Btw GMG sells a similar piece (I believe a better design) but is not CF. It goes underneath all the way back to the front axles. It is a race design from the WC Cup car. Agressive but probably not street friendly.

Ranger
Hi Ranger,

Thanks for the reply.

I`ve actually had a 997 GT3 RS front spoiler in CF before, exactly the same as the Oakley Design one seen earlier. I paid over 500 uk pounds for it, lasted all of 3 days before breaking in half !!!!!!!!

Just wondered if Oakley Design still had them available in the Uk or anywhere as I`d like to have one for best/shows....

Since October last year I`ve been through the OEM GT3, OEM GT3 RS, CUP splitter and also the Cargraphic. Now have went back to the original OEM RS splitter, but may get the GT3 bit in Carbon fiibre.

Cheers!

Old 08-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Name:  IMG_0629.sized.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  91.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0631.sized.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  44.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0632.sized.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0637.sized.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  81.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0638.sized.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  81.4 KB

Old 08-17-2010, 03:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B16 FYS
Just wondered if Oakley Design still had them available in the Uk or anywhere as I`d like to have one for best/shows....
OD have been out of business for some time. A very shady ending to a company that did such nice stuff. Too bad really.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Say what? They're still advertising in magazines recently. Define "some time".

I like the decals on the OP's car, but maybe just a tad bit too much red for me.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe they're back up and running... I thought I remembered that they closed their doors, but I cant find it now... either way they have left a huge trail of very pissed off people: Check here

Sorry for the OmahaGT

Old 08-17-2010, 10:52 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Not feeling it to be honest. The decals are the only thing I don't like on the 2.RS. And it doesn't work too well with your yellow cage.
Ummm so again you have a gen 1 car with gen 2 stripes, a non RS and RSR plates

I had a dude who lived across the street with a SL 500 he badged as a SL65. No offense but you were warned of getting a different opinion here. Either you have or you do not. It's a non RS 2007, right?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JCay
Sorry for the OmahaGT
No worries. I had no idea people were having so much trouble with Oakley. I had trouble reaching them, but they were willing to help and answer questions once I did. No scams and shipping was fairly prompt. They even replaced the carbon exhaust surround that fell off because it was not properly secured to the rear bumper. I don't know if they're still in business.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Ummm so again you have a gen 1 car with gen 2 stripes, a non RS and RSR plates

I had a dude who lived across the street with a SL 500 he badged as a SL65. No offense but you were warned of getting a different opinion here. Either you have or you do not. It's a non RS 2007, right?
I understand you don't like it because it is not authentic, but the SL is hardly the same.

The GT3 and RS are the exact same except for the flywheel, wing, suspension, and wide body. In Europe and ROW RS's got carbon seats and lexan rear window.

My GT3 has all the RS components and then some, except the wide body.

Here is a description..

This 2007 GT3 resides in Omaha and at Mid America Motorplex. The car is a special option slate gray metallic, and weighs less than 3000lbs with all the right lightweight RS goodies; including a Cargraphic carbon kevlar RS deck lid and wing, Oakley Design Carbon front splitter, Euro-spec RS lexan rear window, Full titanium exhaust system by M&M, GMG suspension components, Carrera GT carbon seats, PCCB, K&N intake, lightweight battery, HRE P40 wheels, and an RS Flywheel from Sharkwerks. He topped it off with guards red color accents and KI Studios GT3 RS stripe kit and windshield visor.

Who says I don't have a nice butt?
Name:  40710_433152502736_167968157736_5028919_4404206_n.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  110.8 KB

Old 08-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
With all those mods...arent you close to spending what you would have on a RS in the first place?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Cowtown10
With all those mods...arent you close to spending what you would have on a RS in the first place?
Yes. There is much more on the interior too. This GT3 and color was love at first sight in the showroom in 2007. Never looked back.

No need for facelift as my '07 is awesome and I'm still honing my skills. Sharkwerks 3.9 upgrade is more appealing then the new 3.8. I'll have to send her out to them one of these days. We'll see if the 991/998 GT3 RS is worth picking up for me.

Quick Reply: 2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3