Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uwe Gemballa Reported Missing

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished road
Shit. I hope the outcome is positive and Uwe's family can get him back without paying a huge ransom.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to all
In on the first page. You have to look at it like this, he is being held and will be released when exchanged for something that is replaceable.

Originally Posted by TestJet
Most likely a ransom gig. Hope everything works out.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Galadari
Uwe is in contact with his family and he has been kidnapped for ransom, Everything else on the internet about Government closing down his company is all misinformed rumors.
Thanks for the update it is much appreciated. We all here pray for his safe return.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:57 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DarkShark
Hello you guys,

my name is Marcel I'm from Germany and I just registered here on teamspeed as I was very pleased to see that there is at least one automobile forum on the internet that treats such a horrible situation with dignity. Thank you for that.

I wasn't friends with Uwe Gemballa but I talked to him once and he seemed to be a really nice guy hard working for what he achieved.

I worked at Gemballa for some weeks in 2008 and 2009 in the holidays and I was very proud to be a part of the factory. I really hope he returns home safely as fast as possible.

I just want to post this picture I drew for Gemballa I hope you like it. It always remembers me of him, let's all hope for his best.
Hi Marcel,

Welcome to Teamspeed. I only wish that you came here under better circumstances. Thanks to both you and Galadari for the updates; our hearts and prayers are with Uwe and his family.

On another, lighter note, beautiful artwork.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
mkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nice
I pray too for his safe return to his family

Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
DarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for all the commendation for my artwork

I was planning to go to the factory the next days, but then I saw a post on **********.com (another forum I am registered on) and a legitimate user wrote this:

Zitat:
"Gemballa closed by German authorities?"

Wir waren eben mal bei Gemballa in Leonberg (ist ja praktisch vor der Haustüre) und hatten ein kurzes Gespräch mit einem Mitarbeiter im Ausstellungsraum.

Dort läuft alles seinen gewohnten Gang, keine Spur von hektischem Treiben oder Unruhe.

Sorry, aber Zeitungsberichten von "Bild" oder vegleichbaren Boulevardblätter, oder reißerische Überschriften auf webpages schenke ich keinen Glauben!
He posted it yesterday at 3pm

I will try to translate it for you:

We've just been at the Gemballa factory in Leonberg (It's almost in front of our house) and had a quick talk with one of the employees in the showroom.

Everything is as usual there, not a bit of hecticness or agitation.

Sorry, but I just don't trust in newspapers like "Bild" (The Penny Press that first published the article about Gemballas missing) or in lurid headlines on webpages.
So it seems like everything is clear. Unfortunately Gemballa is kidnapped, but I think and I hope they will release him.
And the factory does the only right thing: Continuing to work as usual.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DarkShark
Thanks for all the commendation for my artwork

I was planning to go to the factory the next days, but then I saw a post on **********.com (another forum I am registered on) and a legitimate user wrote this:

He posted it yesterday at 3pm

I will try to translate it for you:

So it seems like everything is clear. Unfortunately Gemballa is kidnapped, but I think and I hope they will release him.
And the factory does the only right thing: Continuing to work as usual.
Thanks for all the info it is very appreciated and very welcomed. Let's just hope this nightmare ends soon with out any misfortune.

Keep us up to date with any new thing you come across my friend.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
So sad to hear about this news..hope he returns home safely!

Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
adamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud of
this is sad indeed ... but im still stumped that the South African news agencies are not all over this ....

EDIT: found one article locally

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Content/Ne...ing_in_Gauteng

Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe he's still being held... wish him and his family the best!

Quick Reply: Uwe Gemballa Reported Missing