Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Detailing question for the experts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:47 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Guys this thread has gotten a bit out of control, lets get back to the original question at hand

Old 10-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheAudi
My thoughts exactly.

Agreed, Dana. Hell, when someone asks me a question about my work I couldn't be happier to help them or at least point them in the right direction. And I'll never forget how helpful Dana was to me when I reached out to him a while back!
What do you do and how much do you make
Originally Posted by DJ
Guys this thread has gotten a bit out of control, lets get back to the original question at hand
DJ only the detail guys have. PA asked a question about his sticker. He didn't ask about a paint correction. Dent removal. Bug tar removal blah blah blah. He asked if there was something to do about the sticker. One guy is a smartass and the other PM's him a book about it. If there is a product to squirt on and polish said sticker BOTH OF THESE GURU ANTI TRUST car retailers could have helped themselves out by posting about it. Instead they Rant that all of us will start our own car washes and put them out of business. Seriously does anyone think anyone reading or posting in this thread wants to start a car
detailing business? Give me a break. This isn't the recipe for Coca Cola guys. It's car

maintenance and that's it. Car maintenance 1800 miles from the guys fricking garage.

As far as the gangsta comments. I take serious offense to this. I grew up in a large Sicilian household and it took a number of years to help my families reputation get back to civilized. Sheesh a few cousins and uncles fit people with cement boots and you'd think the world was gonna end.
So tread lightly car detailer. That hurt my feelings deeply.

Come to think of it I do have a few members of the family down in your part. Possibly they should swing by and say hello.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by h20skier
What do you do and how much do you make

DJ only the detail guys have. PA asked a question about his sticker. He didn't ask about a paint correction. Dent removal. Bug tar removal blah blah blah. He asked if there was something to do about the sticker. One guy is a smartass and the other PM's him a book about it. If there is a product to squirt on and polish said sticker BOTH OF THESE GURU ANTI TRUST car retailers could have helped themselves out by posting about it. Instead they Rant that all of us will start our own car washes and put them out of business. Seriously does anyone think anyone reading or posting in this thread wants to start a car
detailing business? Give me a break. This isn't the recipe for Coca Cola guys. It's car

maintenance and that's it. Car maintenance 1800 miles from the guys fricking garage.

As far as the gangsta comments. I take serious offense to this. I grew up in a large Sicilian household and it took a number of years to help my families reputation get back to civilized. Sheesh a few cousins and uncles fit people with cement boots and you'd think the world was gonna end.

Come to think of it I do have a few members of the family down in your part. Possibly they should swing by and say hello.
+1

But I guess we're not allowed to post here Mark. The detailing section of Teamspeed is off limits to anyone but detailers as far as I can tell. Maybe this goes back to when the detailers were blasting every single fvcking section of the forum with duplicate+ threads and the community got sick of it.

The only thing new that I can take away from this is to not ask any questions here. Clearly this is now the most useful section of the forum.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Wow - who knew such an innocent question would've created so much nonsense...

Old 10-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of

Send them down my way. I'll even give you my address.

Last edited by Richie Carbone; 10-01-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Oh wow - e-thuggery rolls on...

Old 10-01-2011, 12:39 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
+1

But I guess we're not allowed to post here Mark. The detailing section of Teamspeed is off limits to anyone but detailers as far as I can tell. Maybe this goes back to when the detailers were blasting every single fvcking section of the forum with duplicate+ threads and the community got sick of it.

The only thing new that I can take away from this is to not ask any questions here. Clearly this is now the most useful section of the forum.
Not allowed to post questions here? This is what you took away from my post? Come on amigo, really?

I was simply referring to the some of the comments that had to be removed as they were censored curse words etc, basically that's all...

The only thing off limits in this section is a non supporting detailer peddling his products or business, everything else is fair game. I just would remind you that this is not Off Topic which is a private section of the site.

Anyway "shine" on...

Old 10-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Ibtl

Old 10-01-2011, 02:30 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Most professions have their stigma's and preconceptions. You don't need to be licensed or accredited to be a detailer, so anyone can call themselves one. It would be safe to say as a whole that most who call them selves detailers really are car washers who are so far removed from the high end detailer that calling them 'detailer's is like calling the guys who drive around with 'tools they have for the day to do body work", "professional body repair shop"

There are clearly levels of craftsmanship in this business and to be great at it requires dedication, hard work and a level of detail (pun un intended) that has to border on OCD and mania. In short, to be great at it, you probably are a little nuts.

When you add the fact that many don't appreciate that level of work and think their son can do it as well for slave labor.., well that might be a bit irritating...as much so as comparing a top notch lawyer with ....oh, you guys get the point.

This thread has been beaten to death...Personally I would have preferred more of a community spirit from the pro detailers here and I also would prefer more maturity from our members and less of a pile on mentality.

Thread closed.