Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Detailing question for the experts!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Put a coating on it like opticoat

Old 09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen some guys put clear bra over it after having it professionally detailed to protect from swirls, and if there are any there itll generally hide them. Just make sure the guy doing the clear bra knows what he is doing.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
PA, how about you take it off and get it painted to match the sticker? Is the 302 side graphic a sticker also?
Thought about that, but my goal is to keep this car as 'original' as possible. And, yes, the side graphic is also a sticker.

Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
PM sent.
Thanks, Bob. PM replied.

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Put a coating on it like opticoat
I'll look into that...thanks!

Originally Posted by sean73T
I've seen some guys put clear bra over it after having it professionally detailed to protect from swirls, and if there are any there itll generally hide them. Just make sure the guy doing the clear bra knows what he is doing.
This would be my ideal solution, but I just can't afford it right now. I think eventually what I'll do is have it professionally detailed and then have the entire car wrapped, stickers and all..

Old 09-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Looks like you answered your own questions,
Boy, that was helpful. Your phone must be ringing off the hook with that type of customer service.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Time for a reality check.

Unfortunately, there has been a long line of entitled pro detailers with chips on their shoulders that have come through TS.

They act like their detailing knowledge is a national secret or something and that we should be happy for any crumbs that fall from their table.

I remember when the detailing section of other forums was all DIY guys. Most of us used stuff like Meguiars and ZAINO and had a great time chatting about it and the various techniques we used. Barry and Sal used to join in and could not have been kinder.

Now these pro detailers act like they have the cure for cancer or something and they ain't sharing it.

It's really too bad.

Last edited by Barrister; 09-28-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Boy, that was helpful. Your phone must be ringing off the hook with that type of customer service.
My thoughts exactly.

Agreed, Dana. Hell, when someone asks me a question about my work I couldn't be happier to help them or at least point them in the right direction. And I'll never forget how helpful Dana was to me when I reached out to him a while back!

Old 09-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Time for a reality check.

Unfortunately, there has been a long line of entitled pro detailers with chips on their shoulders that have come through TS.

They act like their detailing knowledge is a national secret or something and that we should be happy for any crumbs that fall from their table.

I remember when the detailing section of other forums was all DIY guys. Most of us used stuff like Meguiars and ZAINO and had a great time chatting about it and the various techniques we used. Barry and Sal used to join in and could not have been kinder.

Now these pro detailers act like they have the cure for cancer or something and they ain't sharing it.

It's really too bad.
On other forums I'm on the vendors are quite helpful, I think a few of them may be on here. But detailersdomain has always been helpful in my experience and they stock a lot of good stuff.

Pete, I'm not sure what you need to keep the sticker in good shape, but give one of the vendors a call and maybe they can recommend/sell you the right stuff.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Besides charging way to much for their hose fittings, Phil at detailersdomain.com has always treated me well too.

Good point Pinned.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Dana is the MAN! Hope it turns out well PA. Also, does that mean exhaust is out of the picture?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheAudi
My thoughts exactly.

Agreed, Dana. Hell, when someone asks me a question about my work I couldn't be happier to help them or at least point them in the right direction. And I'll never forget how helpful Dana was to me when I reached out to him a while back!
Looks like you are making a statement

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Detailing question for the experts!