Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

IS-F question for the experts...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 02:37 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
IS-F question for the experts...

I was wondering if the reworked front end on the IS-F was necessary for aerodynamics, cooling, or to fit the V8? I'm assuming the hood height was to clear the engine.

I think the standard IS is a very crisp and good looking car with short overhangs... the wedge profile and character lines flowing well.

The IS-F in comparison looks a bit... hmmmm.

Attached Images   
Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Edit: I take that back, that can't be true.

All I can tell you is that the F front bumper is significantly wider than the standard IS. I've seen people do bumper swaps and it generally works out and fits pretty well so I'd assume the changes were just for an updated look.

Found these on clublexus.

Versus a stock is350

Last edited by STLG; 03-24-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Y'know when you squeeze the end of a balloon? :-/