Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

PDK - Am I the only one who thinks it sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaykla
I can't stand the lag between pulling the lever and the shift.
PDK blows.
Thank you.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Whats the service life on a Maserati transmission? Every 30k?
I replaced mine at 32K at a cost of $4500. But I'm told that they typically don't last that long and the Ferrari service guys were almost in shock that I was able to get that long out of the clutch. But I am very disciplined when driving that car. I don't downshift when coming to a stop (I shift to neutral) and I always drive it with the paddles, both of which have enabled me to get an unusually long life from my clutch, notwithstanding the fact that I drive the car in LA traffic every day, including bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway.

FWIW, I never got more than about 38K out of a Porsche manual clutch, so it's not a big difference IMO. Although, the replacement cost is about $2K more.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Pdk definitely has a mind of its own

Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
I got my M3 with DCT when it first became available. There was a very noticeable delay between the time the paddle was pulled and the when the transmission would actually shift. The shift itself was extremely fast, but the response to the paddle input was delayed. It was later fixed with a software update from BMW and shifts became instantaneous. Maybe you drove a bad one?

Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
I hated my DSG on my '09 Audi TT. That transmission was garbage, and I'm glad I don't have it anymore.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The shifting on a cheaper, DSG M3 is seamless in comparison to PDK. And to be honest paddles aren't for wimps or pussies, as some state here. The plain fact is that Porsche has not caught up to other manufacturers in this segment!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
Mr U Boat Commander. you are not alone in this thinking, I´ve posted that a sport car must have three pedals, if not is like having a girlfriend with no boobs. Fortunately I can drive an F458, a GT3 RS,and many others and yes, the worst is PDK

Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Enrique
Mr U Boat Commander. you are not alone in this thinking, I´ve posted that a sport car must have three pedals, if not is like having a girlfriend with no boobs. Fortunately I can drive an F458, a GT3 RS,and many others and yes, the worst is PDK
English isn't your first language, is it...

Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
I completely agree. My dad's turbo s does the same exact thing! You can pull the paddle but there is a pause between when you pull it and when the car actually shifts. Don't get me wrong, when it does shift it is extremely fast, but the pause in between is just annoying.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
English isn't your first language, is it...
Heterosexuality is not your first sexual orientation, is it. . .

Quick Reply: PDK - Am I the only one who thinks it sucks?