Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Chris from Cali's DC to Laguna Seca Pilgrimage

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Late to this thread but have a safe rest of your trip and back Chris. Looking forward to the pictures.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Chris, I'm planning on heading East of the Sierra's out of SF on my return trip to catch some sunset photos and explore that side of the state. Are you familiar with the Northeastern portion of California? Any recommendations on roads, stops, etc.?

Hope you have safe travels today, see you this weekend!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Chris, I'm planning on heading East of the Sierra's out of SF on my return trip to catch some sunset photos and explore that side of the state. Are you familiar with the Northeastern portion of California? Any recommendations on roads, stops, etc.?

Hope you have safe travels today, see you this weekend!
Not much experience north of SF - I only went to a few concerts, did some shopping there, etc. when I lived in Monterey.

So we made it to MONTEREY today!!!!

My wife took a ton of pics - I'll post about a third of them here so be patient - I think it'll be 3 posts' worth.

Here's the breakdown: We left Burbank this morning, hit up the Corner Cottage for some breakfast burritos, then hit the road. It was foggy as hell heading toward Thousand Oaks:

Then I ran into the BIGGEST ASSHOLE IN AMERICA. This prick not only cut me off in traffic, but then brake-checked me! So I decided to post his retard ass on the internet. If anyone knows this guy, give him a big F U from me.

Ferdinand especially enjoyed gobbling up the 101...

A lot of the trip was full of vineyards as far as the eye could see

The Ventura County dirt-lot special

Then we got to the Monterey Peninsula...

Old 08-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Arriving in Monterey always gets my blood pumping

Poor TestaRossa on the trailer leaving LS

Second F-car in 5 minutes (I know it's "only" a 360 Modena)

Pulling into Monterey proper

Our room is amazing for what we're paying in Monterey during the Historics

Then we get to the tale of the tape....

Old 08-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Passed right by me this morning!!! I see that first pic looks like you just passed LA Auto Gallery's Ferrari Dealership.

Looks like a great trip.. I need to go check this out next year (hopefully will have the time) maybe a TS gathering!!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Watch this space.
My car was horrendously dirty so I took it to the local handwash place

Next we stopped for lunch at the best sandwich shop in Monterey, Compagno's. I worked there while I was a Marine at DLI... Compagno's Market & Deli - Monterey, CA

Finally, the stats from one hell of a long drive. Keep in mind, these numbers include sitting in traffic, sitting at lights, getting gas, going through border checkpoints, lots of surface street driving, etc. I think I put up some pretty good numbers!

Thanks everyone for following the journey. I'm going to leave it to Alzilla and M5Kid to post the mega car pics in their own thread. After the races this weekend, we're driving up to San Jose where Stevens Creek Porsche will do a service on the car and get it ready for Intercity to pick up for the shipment home. We fly out of San Jose next Tuesday afternoon... It's been a blast and thank you all for the kind words, stinging barbs, rep, and awesome commentary. A special thanks to Russ (MexicoBlue) for putting us up (and putting up with us) and to David and Connor (dhinkle and MiniD) for their hospitality.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing your travels with us Chris! Enjoy Monterrey.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Chris from Cali again.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
What a great trip. Glad you guys made it safely. Have fun!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome trip Chris! Thanks for posting all of those pics for us to enjoy.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! Glad to see you three made it safe and sound. Awesome trip man. Sooooo jealous!

Quick Reply: Chris from Cali's DC to Laguna Seca Pilgrimage