Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Thoughts on a C2S as a DD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
orlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond repute
don't know about snow, but have to agree that my TT has been an excellent DD

In LA, you have to drive a lot of commuter miles; car has been through everything. Although I just blew a MAF (and spent some coin to get 25K dealer look over); car has had no problems.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:28 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Great - So my autotrader search begins!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
My friends little brother just got his license and got a gorgeous fully loaded S5. It's beautiful, but I mean it sure takes away the fun when an 18 year old gets it!

The Audi dealership quoted me 69.9k on a 997TT with 7,300miles on it!!! Too good to be true!

waaaaaaaay to good to be true......that it well under what they are going for at Manheim I believe....sounds like a scam

Old 04-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by .:Raul
waaaaaaaay to good to be true......that it well under what they are going for at Manheim I believe....sounds like a scam
Yea they stole that car - subpar condition still netting mid-high 70s there - looks like the market has gone back up a bit overall

Last edited by cstroked; 04-22-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Toddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond reputeToddsky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Hey guys, thought I'd ask for some opinions on here..

I'm into cars, but I admit I don't have the greatest knowledge with them. I loved cars growing up as a child, but then kind of fell out of the loop for the last 8 or so years. I find myself getting heavier into cars everyday as of late.

Right now I'm driving an 06 Audi Quattro 2.0T. It's been a great car for me, but its just nothing exciting. I've been thinking about picking up a new car, and several people on here know I've been on the hunt for a 996TT or a 997TT, at the right price.

I found an insanely priced 997TT last weekend and was sure I was going to purchase it. I was driving to the dealership early first thing Saturday morning to check it out, and at the price they were giving it to me - I was certain I would leave with it. On my way to the dealership I received a call stating that they made a mistake and gave me their cost price, rather than the retail price. Huge bummer!!

Luckily I received the call while I was only 20 minutes away from my home. Instead I stopped at a local Porsche dealership to see what they had on their lot. After speaking with several people there, they told me that I'm better off getting a C2S if I'm going to drive the hell out of it, and park it in Hoboken, NJ.

I was hoping to get some reviews and thoughts. By the sounds of what the dealership was telling me, they told me I could actually use the C2S easily as my DD, and ditch the Audi completely. Thoughts?

Additionally, I noticed that there is a difference between an 05-07 C2S's, and the 08+ C2S's, mainly 30hp. Would I be foolish to not go for the extra 30hp?

PDK vs 6speed? I have never owned a car that was a 6speed, although I can drive one. How is the clutch compared to an S4's? Easier? I had no problem with an S4, and I'm sure I won't have a problem with a Porsche's, but just for the heck of it - what would I be looking at in $ to replace the clutch? I have an apartment in Hoboken that I could live in/may live in, but it has a second story garage which involves me pulling it in an extra small elevator, and then doing an Austin Powers type of move to get into my parking space. I'm hoping to pick up a new apartment soon, one with a garage that would have easier access getting in/out. My father is worried that doing these maneuvers with a stick will drive me insane, and he's afraid I wont enjoy driving the car if I have to go through all of this.

Snow? If I do ditch my Audi, and get a C2S, I will need to rely on it in all weather conditions. I worry that handling in the snow and wet conditions maybe dangerous, yet the Porsche dealership actually told me that its a better driver than a turbo in these conditions. Not exactly sure how that could be true...

Comparison verses other cars in its league? Other than the eminence of the car, why would a C2S be a better choice than a e92 m3 or a chipped 335xi? Is it faster? Is it more fun to drive? Is it a better ride?

How well do these cars last? If I do get one as a DD I will be putting 75-100 miles on it a day. Am I going to be killing this thing?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Sorry for asking such newbie questions here, but I feel more comfortable asking you guys than someone at the dealership.

Jonathan

Hi John,

We deal with these cars quite often. If you would like to chat about the differences and review the pricing you have been offered. I would be more than happy to share my opinion (no strings attached).

Old 04-22-2009, 01:14 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
Well, they still have the car for sale... it's listed at 95k now.

Last edited by GLN; 04-22-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond repute
95k sounds more realistic for a 997tt with 7.3k mileage.

get a c2s and get a dsg gti mk v.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
I might get scolded for this, but there are quite a few cars I'd consider before a C2S for the money. Are you set on having a two door?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:33 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
Originally Posted by cstroked
I might get scolded for this, but there are quite a few cars I'd consider before a C2S for the money. Are you set on having a two door?
Not at all.

Please go ahead

Old 04-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RJH&CO.
95k sounds more realistic for a 997tt with 7.3k mileage.

get a c2s and get a dsg gti mk v.

I sold one with 4500 miles for $93k

Quick Reply: Thoughts on a C2S as a DD?