Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Thoughts on a C2S as a DD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Well, I can't say I'm a HP junky because I've never really had a car with anything special. I'd love to get a 997TT, but I think that's out of my price range. The amount I spend totally depends on the car. By no means will I spend 100k on a car at my age, and as my first 6speed. The reason I was going for the 07 997TT was because it was at an Audi dealership, and they would've given me a +/-16k towards the purchase. Unfortunately you know what happened there. I'm not sure what type of crap you're talking about - I'm assuming you mean that I'm young and would be driving a nice car. Heh, although it sounds crazy, my friends' first 6speed was a Lambo (which he sold to 50cent, and 50 got arrested for driving recklessly without insurance), and several others have gotten ridiculous cars as well, all which their parents paid for (Bently GTs, Gallardo's, etc). I guess I'm looking for something more entry level, unless of course I find a great price on something else haha.
Then don't worry about the TT. I like going fast so I've always enjoyed driving TT's, AMGs, and so forth.

And yes, that's what I mean. Some of my friend's just aren't down with having stuff like that when they can. There's a part of every town where the kids have absurd cars like that though. Of course if you're footing the bill than you can tell anyone who says something to get effed. I live in a conservative area though. Most of the extremely wealthy people don't drive cars like Lambos etc... They may have a couple Gulfstreams but they don't get too in to the fancy/flashy cars and so on when they could. I am a huge car nut, as are most people here I am sure, but to each their own. I also grew up being the SOB (son of the boss) and was always nervous about taking a souped up diesel truck to work Get whatever is going to be practical and you can steal - buyers market!!!

Last edited by cstroked; 04-21-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Then don't worry about the TT. I like going fast so I've always enjoyed driving TT's, AMGs, and so forth.

And yes, that's what I mean. Some of my friend's just aren't down with having stuff like that when they can. There's a part of every town where the kids have absurd cars like that though. Of course if you're footing the bill than you can tell anyone who says something to get effed. I live in a conservative area though. Most of the extremely wealthy people don't drive cars like Lambos etc... They may have a couple Gulfstreams but they don't get too in to the fancy/flashy cars and so on when they could. I am a huge car nut, as are most people here I am sure, but to each their own. I also grew up being the SOB (son of the boss) and was always nervous about taking a souped up diesel truck to work Get whatever is going to be practical and you can steal - buyers market!!!
Yeah, I hear you. My family is far from gaudy, actually the extreme opposite. My parents live simple; me on the other hand - I'm a little more flashy. (Though, I'm not currently looking to get a GT2, Lambo, etc.) Just something more fun than my A4

Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Yeah, I hear you. My family is far from gaudy, actually the extreme opposite. My parents live simple; me on the other hand - I'm a little more flashy. (Though, I'm not currently looking to get a GT2, Lambo, etc.) Just something more fun than my A4
I hear you, I didn't mean for it to come off wrong if it did - I never minded the stuff just this area is so conservative.

Have you considered something like an S5?

Also, I think you should be able to steal a year or two year old 911, TT's should be in the 90s. C4/C4S I'd expect to be 15-20k less just to be competitive. If you get a CPO car, the warranty is better than new, 5 yr/100k miles. Hit AutoTrader and look around. Often times you'll find lower prices in the middle of the country vs either coast or down south.

What did that Audi dealer quote you on the 997TT that wound up being their cost?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I had a C2S @ 23 and enjoyed it. As long as you have access to a bigger car for when you need to move shit about you will love it.

Get the C4S on the East Coast - not even a question and being in NYC i would also get the PDK.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
I hear you, I didn't mean for it to come off wrong if it did - I never minded the stuff just this area is so conservative.

Have you considered something like an S5?

Also, I think you should be able to steal a year or two year old 911, TT's should be in the 90s. C4/C4S I'd expect to be 15-20k less just to be competitive. If you get a CPO car, the warranty is better than new, 5 yr/100k miles. Hit AutoTrader and look around. Often times you'll find lower prices in the middle of the country vs either coast or down south.

What did that Audi dealer quote you on the 997TT that wound up being their cost?

My friends little brother just got his license and got a gorgeous fully loaded S5. It's beautiful, but I mean it sure takes away the fun when an 18 year old gets it!

The Audi dealership quoted me 69.9k on a 997TT with 7,300miles on it!!! Too good to be true!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Banned
at moving comment, Josh

My friends little brother just got his license and got a gorgeous fully loaded S5. It's beautiful, but I mean it sure takes away the fun when an 18 year old gets it!

The Audi dealership quoted me 69.9k on a 997TT with 7,300miles on it!!! Too good to be true!
True - but if you like it f him

They stole that thing!! I will say the market on those wholesale sucks though - maybe not too out of line. Tell them 76k out the door, that's giving them enough that they can buy something on the dollar menu too

Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
I had a C2S @ 23 and enjoyed it. As long as you have access to a bigger car for when you need to move shit about you will love it.

Get the C4S on the East Coast - not even a question and being in NYC i would also get the PDK.
What were you doing at 23 to have a C2S? Just curious.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
^^He's Sir Richard Branson's illegitimate child

Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
What were you doing at 23 to have a C2S? Just curious.
I breed a rare animal called a Spider monkey for a living.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:35 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
Originally Posted by LABrit
I breed a rare animal called a Spider monkey for a living.

Well I'm sure glad that I'm not the only one here!!

Quick Reply: Thoughts on a C2S as a DD?