Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Thoughts on a C2S as a DD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 03:28 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Also, no one has commented on the change from an 05-07 C2S and an 08+ C2S.

Any drastic changes in performance other than the 355hp bump up to 385 horsepower?

Do you feel a huge difference?

Old 04-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
DD I'd go C4S.........

Or, like every one mentioned, keep the Audi and get a used C2S. Or buy my MKV GTI

Old 04-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Hoboken is so much fun!! It's 20something heaven. I looked at some great apartments with beautiful garages that I can easily enter/leave.

I could get a place on the beach, however its so seasonal and boring. I'm only 23 and enjoy the nightlife of Manhattan and Hoboken. If I live on the shore, I'd have action all Summer, but a miserable Winter/Fall. I looked at an amazing penthouse on the shore and posted about it on 6S, but decided that it probably wasn't for me because of the scenario.

That being said... if I were to get a place on the shore, I would most likely keep the Audi and purchase a used C2S car. However I think I'd rather have the nightlife over an additional car.
WHAT exactly are you doing at 23 years old to pay for all this stuff? Just curious.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Given where you live, will you ever get away from traffic long enough to enjoy driving anything sporty? As previously stated, a C4S, or used TT will perform fantastically in poor weather, but how often will you ever get to exploit the performance envelope of your car?

Old 04-21-2009, 04:45 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PMac
Given where you live, will you ever get away from traffic long enough to enjoy driving anything sporty? As previously stated, a C4S, or used TT will perform fantastically in poor weather, but how often will you ever get to exploit the performance envelope of your car?
On the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway you get to open it up to an extent. You don't really sit in too much traffic, especially since I do a reverse commute to central NJ, whereas most traffic is going opposite way into Manhattan.

Where my office is, there are many beautiful roads. As well as near my parents home's and beach house.

I guess I won't ever get to really open her up to the degree some of you guys do in other parts of the country/world. I don't think I'd ever dare to take it into Manhattan, for obvious reasons.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
MJFDDS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Also, no one has commented on the change from an 05-07 C2S and an 08+ C2S.

Any drastic changes in performance other than the 355hp bump up to 385 horsepower?

Do you feel a huge difference?

Some changes are....PDK like you mentioned, direct fuel injection, ipod connectivity, better nav interface (also center console esthetics), front and rear LED's and better PASM (more functionality). If those seem to suit you better, then I would opt for an '09.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
The 997.2 is a big step forward, with PDK, DFI, etc. Plus, it gets better gas mileage, which may be something to think about with your driving distances.

Do you plan on taking it to the track? If yes, a C2S will be more rewarding. If not, a 997.7 C4S is a *damn* good car, unless you're a serious horsepower junkie, in which case, get a TT, or a track-fiend, in which case, get a GT3.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
I used to DD a 996TT...get a C4S if u can otherwise C2S is great too...

Old 04-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
DFI, LED tail lamps, PDK, PCM 3.1, etc etc

TT FTW. Once you've driven one you can't beat it - especially if you're a power junky. A friend of mine drives his 996TT pretty frequently - maybe he'll chime in. That said, DD'ing a TT at 23 could get interesting. Another friend of mine turned down a 997TT in favor of his S5 because he didn't want to take any crap and that's his choice - and he goes to school in Dallas where cars like that are the norm

Old 04-21-2009, 07:28 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
Originally Posted by PMac
The 997.2 is a big step forward, with PDK, DFI, etc. Plus, it gets better gas mileage, which may be something to think about with your driving distances.

Do you plan on taking it to the track? If yes, a C2S will be more rewarding. If not, a 997.7 C4S is a *damn* good car, unless you're a serious horsepower junkie, in which case, get a TT, or a track-fiend, in which case, get a GT3.
I don't see myself ever tracking a car, or at least at this point in my life. PDK sounds so beautiful, I'm just not sure how I'd feel about getting a P-car that isnt' a 6speed. I always hear people raving about the gearbox and how its the best drivers car. I almost feel like it'd defeat the purpose of having a P-car

Originally Posted by TUUNER
I used to DD a 996TT...get a C4S if u can otherwise C2S is great too...
I'm going to look into both C4S's and C2S's, just may have to figure out a few things before making the move.

Originally Posted by cstroked
DFI, LED tail lamps, PDK, PCM 3.1, etc etc

TT FTW. Once you've driven one you can't beat it - especially if you're a power junky. A friend of mine drives his 996TT pretty frequently - maybe he'll chime in. That said, DD'ing a TT at 23 could get interesting. Another friend of mine turned down a 997TT in favor of his S5 because he didn't want to take any crap and that's his choice - and he goes to school in Dallas where cars like that are the norm
Well, I can't say I'm a HP junky because I've never really had a car with anything special. I'd love to get a 997TT, but I think that's out of my price range. The amount I spend totally depends on the car. By no means will I spend 100k on a car at my age, and as my first 6speed. The reason I was going for the 07 997TT was because it was at an Audi dealership, and they would've given me a +/-16k towards the purchase. Unfortunately you know what happened there. I'm not sure what type of crap you're talking about - I'm assuming you mean that I'm young and would be driving a nice car. Heh, although it sounds crazy, my friends' first 6speed was a Lambo (which he sold to 50cent, and 50 got arrested for driving recklessly without insurance), and several others have gotten ridiculous cars as well, all which their parents paid for (Bently GTs, Gallardo's, etc). I guess I'm looking for something more entry level, unless of course I find a great price on something else haha.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on a C2S as a DD?