Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Traction control!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:10 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
There is a secret way to turn off the ones on the benz, however it will eliminate abs and other safety features. This setup is generally recommended when you dyno the car.
On the BMW M5, it was pulling out fuses 17 and 30 that did the job. I dont know about the benz!

Old 12-07-2008, 12:11 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Maybe I will get one but dono about you driv'n it
Don't be a retard, sharing is caring.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
PSM should not kick in unless you're doing something 'wrong' i.e. beyond the limits of the car. At PSDS, the instructors can take you around the track on some really incredible hot laps and the PSM never kicks in. They will tell you that you only get PSM when you're not being smooth or you're beyond the limit of the car.
I had my car give me a Please Save Me on my first DE day with my C4S and I am certain that it prevented me from a spin.
As others have said, if you really don't want an electronic safety net you need to get a GT3 or an older car.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
for me 997S off is off but had same thing with the TT. Here is trick for you which worked with the TT but I'm not sure it will with new 997. pull the hand break till the light just turn on then drive it like you steel it

Old 12-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
not good drifter but this can show you the PSM completely off

YouTube - GUMBALL3000 - ABDULLAH ALIBRAHIM - BURN OUT

Old 12-07-2008, 03:24 AM
Yah 911 S

Be a man, test your limits at the track! Be there on the 19th, learn to drive for once... unless you insist on being a pussy and putting people's lives at risk in public!

Old 12-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain
Yah 911 S

Be a man, test your limits at the track! Be there on the 19th, learn to drive for once... unless you insist on being a pussy and putting people's lives at risk in public!

Old 12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
for me 997S off is off but had same thing with the TT. Here is trick for you which worked with the TT but I'm not sure it will with new 997. pull the hand break till the light just turn on then drive it like you steel it
That's a myth. It doesn't really work.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
cupcake: atleast i'm not a wreckless driven on the street.. & i certainly drive much better than you do..

Old 12-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by 911 S
cupcake: atleast i'm not a wreckless driven on the street.. & i certainly drive much better than you do..
I agree with you there little brother.