Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

F1 - Traction Control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
F1 - Traction Control?

Hey do F1 cars have traction control? If so are they weak, medium or strong settings?

Also do they brake with their left foot?

I was playing a bit of F1 2011 on Xbox and was wondering.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:53 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Are you 12?

Old 02-28-2012, 09:56 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
They brake using a probe which is inserted into their penis.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point

They have so much control it is crazy

Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
It's just like playing xbox. The broadcast is just a really really high def version of it.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
So I am guessing you use the brake when playing on the xbox......why? It's a video game. Mash the accelerator button and don't let up until you crash or lap everyone 4 times.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Contributing Editor
Oversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond repute
I played XBOX once. The G forces were too much for my neck, so I gave up.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
I could give a serious answer, but I could also say Jox is straight.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
LOL thanks for all the credible answers.

Is it a bad thing I enjoy playing F1 on xBox? Red Bull and all the top teams spend a lot of time and money on their simulation environments. I think it's a great way to to get a small feel of the guys go through on a weekend. Also the racing is great compared to the other simulators available.

No need to flame someone for asking a question.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by simsko
Is it a bad thing I enjoy playing F1 on xBox? Red Bull and all the top teams spend a lot of time and money on their simulation environments.
Comparing XBox to an F1 simulator is like comparing texting the cute girl in your trigonometry class to a long afternoon with Sasha Grey.

To your other questions, traction control was used in F1 until a few years ago, but is now banned. Most of the dials on the F1 steering wheel control things like brake bias, diff settings, engine and fuel maps, and so on. Left-foot braking is pretty much ubiquitous (Rubens Barrichello is famous for being about the only F1 driver to brake with his right-foot), but it's gone from being an obscure technique that only rally drivers use to a mainstream tool in more or less every professional driver's repertoire these days. You can balance the car much more smoothly with LFB, and transition from brake to throttle better, but the rise of paddle-shift gearboxes really made it more common. Search YouTube for in-car shots of the footwell in Walter Rohrl's rally car to see someone dance on the pedals.

Quick Reply: F1 - Traction Control?