Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Tooki Installation Photos and More

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:16 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Tooki Installation Photos and More

Here's the instructions posted on Renntech for the 997 PCM removal, so it won't be too far removed.

Step 1 - Remove small carpeted trim piece from side of center console by PCM (Beside PCM) Using Torx wrench size T-30
Step 2 - Remove two leather side trim pieces using Torx wrench size T-20
Step 3 - Using 5mm Allen wrench turn four (two each side) black hex locks 1/4 - 1/2 turn (CCW, I think) to unlatch side locks. Do not force these. They turn very easily in the correct direction. Open glove box on passenger side to access these latches.
Step 4 - theres a 7mm hex head screw on the passenger (RHS) side that you need to back out to carefully slide out PCM

Telephone Mute is Pin #3 on Black Plug A
+12 VDC is Pin #4 on same plug
Ground is Pin #8 on same plug

The +12 VDC wire is Red/Green, the -Ground wire is Brown. No wire is attached at Pin #3. The White lead at Pin #5 is for the antenna.

You can get the more detailed PDF at: www.fuqua2003.com/cdr24.pdf

Old 04-27-2008, 01:18 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Another Instructional -

1 + 2.
Remove small carpeted trim piece from side of center console using Torx wrench size T-30

3 + 4 + 5.
Remove the piece of panel that covers the head unit on each the side of the console.
a) remove two screws per panel
b) gently (but forcefully) pull the panel forward
c) the 3 clips need to release, force seems the only way

6 + 7. Getting close
a) Undo the screw holding the unit in place
(not all the way!!)
b) gently turn the little black plastic locks CCW, this
will hold down the clamps

8 pull out the unit!

9 - 12. Pictures of the unit

13. all the tools needed and stuff removed

Old 04-27-2008, 01:20 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997

From JFR in Texas:

I have just had a "Release Candidate" prototype Bluetooth adapter from NAV-TV installed in my 07 C2S. It connects into the MOST ring just as do the NAV-TV iPod adapter and Sirius satellite radio adapter that I previously had installed. The Bluetooth adapter allows control of a Bluetooth cell phone via the PCM's buttons and knobs, including initiating and answering calls using the "lift handset" button at the upper left of the PCM, hanging up via the "end call" button just to the right of that, dialing calls via the PCM numeric keypad, syncing the cell phone's phonebook such that it is accessible through the PCM, making calls from the synced phonebook, displaying incoming caller information on the PCM screen, muting the radio or CD during calls, etc. Call quality is excellent, as is the sound through the car's main speaker system.

The only flaw I have found with my adapter's software version is that it doesn't sync the cell phone's entire phonebook, just the first 60 or so entries. NAV-TV has just shipped me an updated adapter based on my feedback which should correct this one issue. I have paired both an iPhone and a Blackberry 8700 with the NAV-TV adapter with no other issues than the partial phonebook transfer. When I get the new adapter installed next week, I'll post whether or not it has cured this problem.

NAV-TV tells me the final version of the adapter should be ready for formal release through retail channels within the next month.

I had my Bluetooth adapter, as well as my satellite radio adapter and iPod adapter, installed by Custom Car Stereo in Houston, who did their usual excellent job. The Bluetooth adapter installation took well less than an hour.

Attached Images      
Old 04-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet, good use of a nice screen for the celly
Looks simple enough to do from your instructions

Old 04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for getting these up here DJ. And of course, you guys know where you can buy the Tooki.....

HERE

Mention TS in the notes section at checkout for a super savings.