Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Spec'd the 'S' today

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010 | 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
What build date do you have ?
The ordering system at the dealership has an April build date listed, but I'm not totally sure about that. There are some weird things in the system including the lack of prices, conflicting option availability, and some options listed as unavailable until after April 4.

I think there's going to be some flux in the build dates of the S models...

Old 02-21-2010 | 02:44 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by alin2.5
The ordering system at the dealership has an April build date listed, but I'm not totally sure about that. There are some weird things in the system including the lack of prices, conflicting option availability, and some options listed as unavailable until after April 4.

I think there's going to be some flux in the build dates of the S models...
That's about the norm re: option availability. Happens with all of the models. Especially with lower production numbers, they're only going to build certain options on certain days and so on.
Originally Posted by alin2.5
Although, I was a bit surprised at how limited the allocations were. My dealer, one of the bigger ones in Chicagoland, had 2 S coupe and 2 S cabs this year.
Sounds right too... They're trying to pull a freakin Ferrari on everyone

Old 02-22-2010 | 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
TestnDoc is an unknown quantity at this point
We entered the spec on the system last night.

My guy went to confirm this morning, and was told that Porsche
have delayed the production of the S.

Not happy.
Any updates on why or how long production of the turboS has been delayed? My dealer in the US has heard nothing about it.

Old 02-22-2010 | 12:13 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Spoke to them just now, still saying 2 month delay to June delivery

Old 02-22-2010 | 12:29 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Did they say why the delay?

Old 02-22-2010 | 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
I assume this is worldwide, a PAG delay, and not specfic to just the UK?

Old 02-22-2010 | 12:46 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not shocked. So that would mean a late July/ August Delivery Stateside? Possibly?

Old 02-22-2010 | 01:03 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by JonA85
Did they say why the delay?
No, no real reason, they have 'heard' that it's something to do with the timing of the luanch in conjunction with the current car, not sure how true though.

G.

Old 02-22-2010 | 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
No, no real reason, they have 'heard' that it's something to do with the timing of the luanch in conjunction with the current car, not sure how true though.

G.
My dealer told me this morning that PCNA still says that the turboS will be launched in May?? Who know??

Old 02-23-2010 | 05:10 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
My dealer told me this morning that PCNA still says that the turboS will be launched in May?? Who know??
Interesting, has he tried placing an order on the system for that date though ?

G.

Quick Reply: Spec'd the 'S' today