Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Spec'd the 'S' today

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010 | 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
Will be visiting the dealer on Friday with the intent of speccing up my S. Will let you know how things tuned out down under as soon as I can.

Old 02-24-2010 | 12:50 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
No Ordering Guide Available.

Please contact your local dealer for details, or better yet- go IN and sit down to spec the car out.

Thats all I have.

Old 02-24-2010 | 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TestnDoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
No Ordering Guide Available.

Please contact your local dealer for details, or better yet- go IN and sit down to spec the car out.

Thats all I have.
Any word on whether there has been a delay in production/delivery? Or is it just rumor?

Old 02-24-2010 | 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mongoman
I was told that adaptive sport seats would be standard in 2011 when I ordered my s. I was worried because I wanted P01 adaptive sport seats, but the system only had P77 sport seats. My rep told me they are all called p77 for 2011 and that they will be adaptive. I'll need to keep on top of this as I definately want the adaptive seats.
I dunno about the P77 being the same as the adaptive sport seats (P01). I was sitting in front of my dealer's computer on PVA spec'ing out my S, and the descriptions of the seats were essentially the "comfort" seats (P15), the sport seats with manual adjustments, and the sport bucket seats (P03).

It's especially confusing since the Porsche web special specifically states that the adaptive sport seats are standard.

Old 02-24-2010 | 06:18 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
Any word on whether there has been a delay in production/delivery? Or is it just rumor?
The Turbo S was supposed to be spec'd out a month ago; so I think it's been pushed back as far as it will be.

Old 02-24-2010 | 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
solarlottry is an unknown quantity at this point
spec'd out the car today at Porsche of Honolulu. Was able to add whatever options i wanted and the prices were listed. Spent $18,000 on options for all the leather, heated seats, ventilated seats (i thought this wasnt an option for the sport seats but we were able to add it), painted mirror pt attachments and side skirts. The program stated that the options were unavailable til mid April though. I spec'd out coupe and it came to 178,000 with all the options. A lease was gonna run over 3300 per month at current rates. My dealer said that he hoped that since Porsche had such a good response with all of its 1.9 and 2.9% programs that they might do that for a car like this to get them moving out of the showrooms. Porsche of Hawaii is getting 3 coupes and one cab for the 2011 TTS. I already own a 2009 TT, 6 speed but was toying with the idea of a trade in for TTS but at 3300/month that is not gonna happen. I love my 09TT but the i have many steep hills on my commute and it gets old with the shifting on the steep grades. The 09 doesnt have "drive off assist" and if it did i would keep the car without hesitation. I have a feeling that Porsche wont have good rates for the TTS but we shall see. The ice blue with two tone black/blue looks killer!!!

Old 02-24-2010 | 11:54 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Solar, congrats on the spec!

However, why would Porsche offer subsidized intrest rates on a low production car? Makes no sense.

The low intrest rates aren't even offered on 2010 NON Turbo S's. I wouldnt hold your breath.

Old 02-28-2010 | 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
solarlottry is an unknown quantity at this point
rates

I agree with you on the possibility of the rates not being very favorable for the TTS. Porsche of honolulu is getting 4 TTS so maybe they will be able to do kind of deal. It is funny it that my 09TT was almost 45000 $ less than the 2010TTS and i got 1.9% financing with no money down. Living in hawaii its much harder to take the car to its limits as there is so much traffic and the cops are everywhere so all those extra goodies might not be used to there fullest extent. i would still love to see how the PVT, PCCB and PDK turbo drive and feel. I bet it is quite nice. I may have to wait a few years to buy a used 2010TTS after the 991 comes out. I still love my 09 but like the PDK which is very convienent here in hawaii. I am pretty pleased to be blessed to be able to have such a great car as it is so i am gonna enjoy my 09 and not sweat the things i dont have and really cant afford.