Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Spec'd the 'S' today

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
Has production been delayed by PAG or has your build slot been bumped back by your dealer? My dealer, here in the US said the turboS would be a March/April build, with May delivery...

We entered the spec on the system last night.

My guy went to confirm this morning, and was told that Porsche
have delayed the production of the S.

Not happy.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Former Sponsor
Eric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud ofEric@RoslynPorsche has much to be proud of
Porsche did release the online build for the car through their internal system. There are no prices on the options though.
Check it out through PVA Stoppie

Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TestnDoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
We entered the spec on the system last night.

My guy went to confirm this morning, and was told that Porsche
have delayed the production of the S.

Not happy.
Did your dealer elaborate anymore as to how long production was halted? I guess Im not real surprised. If you look on dealers' websites you can find some unsold 2010 turbos.

Last edited by TestnDoc; 02-18-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
Did your dealer elaborate anymore as to how long production was halted? I guess Im not real surprised. If you look on dealers' websites you can find some unsold 2010 turbos.
2 months, pushed from April to June.

It's really f***ed things up for me now.

Feel like taking the original car, and saying bugger it !!!

G.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eric@RoslynPorsche
Porsche did release the online build for the car through their internal system. There are no prices on the options though.
Check it out through PVA Stoppie
Thanks mang, I will.

2 months, pushed from April to June.

It's really f***ed things up for me now.

Feel like taking the original car, and saying bugger it !!!

G.

Glenn- this is the issue; PAG and PCNA for us, are trying to determine the right mixture of 'prodution/release date'. So the dealers only know what they've been told. Which, is not much.

I 'heard' that production for all 2011 product has been pushed back. What reasoning, I have no clue. But it's happening.

I'd hate to see you miss an entire season of driving over this.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Thanks mang, I will.

Glenn- this is the issue; PAG and PCNA for us, are trying to determine the right mixture of 'prodution/release date'. So the dealers only know what they've been told. Which, is not much.

I 'heard' that production for all 2011 product has been pushed back. What reasoning, I have no clue. But it's happening.

I'd hate to see you miss an entire season of driving over this.

Thanks for the Info.

Yeah, starting to feel that way too, I can just about live with July
delivery, but any later than that will be a bit of a non event, as the
best of the summer will be gone

The S is coming in at only £8. More than the standard
car at same specs, and should depreciate a lot less, so is the one
to go for if I can.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the Info.

to go for if I can.
Sit tight for a couple of days, hopefully we'll have answers. (for Both of US!)

Old 02-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JenK is an unknown quantity at this point
well, I am waiting for an answer on this as well. I want to spec out my turbo s Stoppie!!!! I want to know the base price and what is standard...

Old 02-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the Info.

to go for if I can.
Based on your stable it looks like you may have a good relationship with your dealer, but any chance they are pushing it back to get you to buy the original car so they don't have to sit on it because they know you like the spec...

Old 02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JenK
well, I am waiting for an answer on this as well. I want to spec out my turbo s Stoppie!!!! I want to know the base price and what is standard...
I'm in the same boat waiting for my dealer to get an order guide/spec sheet.

However, I heard that $159,100 was the base price, although I'm not sure if it inclusive of the destination charge.

As I understand it, all of the following options are standard:

1. PCCB
2. PTV
3. Sports chrono plus
4. PDK
5. Cornering lights
6. 2 tone (black/blue, black/creme) interior
7. Standard seats, adaptive sport seats, sport bucket seats

The German Porsche website car configurator is up for the TT-S and lists Euro prices...you can get an idea of what's standard for the German TT-S.

Quick Reply: Spec'd the 'S' today