Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Spec'd the 'S' today

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
TestnDoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
Interesting, has he tried placing an order on the system for that date though ?

G.
Not to my knowledge. He has called me and wants me to start choosing options, but I told him we need the order guide first. This is a very large dealership in the US.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the rough
Hello everyone. I'm a new member and wanted to to
let you know I was able to spec my new turbo s yesterday in the Denver area. There were several problems. The base price was not in the system and several options (turbo s on center console lid and illuminated door sills not available until July-which would mess up my April build date). Other options and prices were in the system. I was also told that blue tooth and universal audio interface are standad for 2011.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mongoman
Hello everyone. I'm a new member and wanted to to
let you know I was able to spec my new turbo s yesterday in the Denver area. There were several problems. The base price was not in the system and several options (turbo s on center console lid and illuminated door sills not available until July-which would mess up my April build date). Other options and prices were in the system. I was also told that blue tooth and universal audio interface are standad for 2011.
We're STILL waiting for confirmation that this is for real. Still NO Ordering Guide, if they even give us one.

Frustrating.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
This is all very lame.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
My business partner placed his order through Pioneer Porsche yesterday for the Turbo S. Supposedly a May build?

Old 02-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
My fear is the day will come and go that we can custom order cars for clients who, as of today, aren't 100% sure of the car- based on conflicting information, even from the PVA system.

If any of you are interested in ordering a car- get your spec in very very shortly. Otherwise you may miss your opportunity to spec the car exactly how you want to, and have to accept whats out there. (or not.)

This situation is true of the 2010 Turbo's. The cars were spec'd out, and before you (or we) knew it- the cars were here. With no more available to spec.

What IS clear is that Porsche does not want everyone to know (including us) exactly how many cars are going to be allocated, produced or shipped to the US. They simply do not want the Turbo to become 'just another casualty' that we've seen in this business over the last 18 months.

I can't blame them on that.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JenK is an unknown quantity at this point
ok....so spec mine...white with blue interior cab and blue top. Add all the goodies, xm, bluetooth. I am done. Must have the center lock wheels. ok???

Old 02-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
You got it!

Old 02-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone also noticed that the PVA system also doesn't have adaptive sport seats as an option on the "S?" This was the case as of last Saturday...

Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the roughmongoman is a jewel in the rough
Adaptive sport seats

I was told that adaptive sport seats would be standard in 2011 when I ordered my s. I was worried because I wanted P01 adaptive sport seats, but the system only had P77 sport seats. My rep told me they are all called p77 for 2011 and that they will be adaptive. I'll need to keep on top of this as I definately want the adaptive seats.

Quick Reply: Spec'd the 'S' today