Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

New TT, 0-60 in 3 seconds. Freaking unbelievable.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JZ997tt
Why does anyone care?
Seriously, Turbos have been attaining these numbers for years with a few bucks tossed at any major tuner. Some of us know what these cars can really do and to think some of you only get excited when the OEM does it is pathetic.

"Some of know what these cars can do"? Really? What's your background with Porsche? I have been with Porsche for fifteen years, go to the factory annually, was a member of the national advisory board in 1999 and 2003, have personally gone on five Euro deliverys, two grand tours, but clearly you purchasing a Turbo gives you knowledge far beyond my shallow, feeble knowledge of the marque.

And as far as my knowledge of tuning a Turbo a close friend of mine owns Accumoto and is the distributor for APR. We have tuned about a dozen or so of my clients Turbos. Yeah, your right. Apparently I have no idea what I am talking about...

Old 12-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to have 700 WHP in a PDK car. Not sure what the new tranny can handle, but if it could, wow... that would be quite a ride!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Sooooooo fast...

Old 12-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I think its a riot, when a F car does the sixty in times like that people are like "OmG that's soooooooooo fasstt! So quick! " "the KING of cars!" " I can't believe it!! " I must rape and pillage for that car!!"

But when Porsche does it: it's a couple of Star Trek nerds clapping in the background.

Let me let you in on a secret: The Porsche 997 Turbo will DESTROY your Ferrari and do it with HONDA Civic reliabilty. OH and btw, after a 1m miles, you can turn it into a Blender for year to make Margaritas; then back into a Porsche.

Do THAT with your Ferrari.

Humph!

it's the German efficiency form follows function vs the Italian drama

Old 12-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
looked so easy.

Looking forward to driving one!

Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
Originally Posted by The Vanq
Lets face it, it's hardly surprising that a 500+ HP lightweight car with PDK that has been refined and improved upon since the 60's can achieve silly numbers.
As for your clame that people hype Ferrari's more than Porsche despite the Porsche being quicker I think it has more to do with the fact that Ferrari offer more of a visceral driving experience in regards to looks, sounds and exclusivity.
lightweight?!?!?! ahahahahhahahaaaa