Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

New TT, 0-60 in 3 seconds. Freaking unbelievable.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 11:59 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JZ997tt
Why does anyone care?
Seriously, Turbos have been attaining these numbers for years with a few bucks tossed at any major tuner. Some of us know what these cars can really do and to think some of you only get excited when the OEM does it is pathetic.

So the tuners can make it that much quicker. The reality is with the PDK and launch control now being available anyone can attain these numbers not just seasoned professional drivers such as yourself.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by Brobbins016
I completely and totally agree with you. No idea what the "turn it into a Blender for year to make Margaritas" means, but you are right. I this was a Ferrari the world would be in awe and pissing it's pants. Car and Driver got a Panamera, yea a 4000 pound sedan, to o-60 in 3.3 seconds. Faster than a Scuderia, 612 or a freaking California. Did the world poop is pants?
LOL just meant it's very reliable - no matter what you ask it to do..... bizarre reference I know.... but so am I. lmao...

- You said "Poop!"

Awesome!

(The Panny Turbo IS an amazing automobile for sure!)

Old 11-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
That is a quick 0-60 for a stock car from a factory

Old 11-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
So the tuners can make it that much quicker. The reality is with the PDK and launch control now being available anyone can attain these numbers not just seasoned professional drivers such as yourself.
Um, real drivers have a 3rd pedal
PDK and the 3.8 is the OEM's way of saying **** YOU to the after market. I can't wait for the first guy to try and tune it as we all sit and watch it go bang, bang, chitty, chitty, bang, bang. Don't confuse performance numbers with the horsepower war. One doesn't need PDK or the lack of a dry sump to attain 3 sec 60 times, and the warranty is a silly thing to talk about. Nothing will break on these cars until 1 day after the warranty expires, it was designed that way.
I'll take a GT1 block, 600 hp and a manual over any PDK POS.
I guess that is why I no longer drive a BMW M for my daily.
I also think Porsche needs a few more models, I mean, I could use a GT2s and a GT2rsS. Add 10 hp and one of you will buy it from the factory. Porsche will even tell you they could sell dog shit in a bag.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
PDK and the 3.8 is the OEM's way of saying **** YOU to the after market. I can't wait for the first guy to try and tune it as we all sit and watch it go bang, bang, chitty, chitty, bang, bang. Don't confuse performance numbers with the horsepower war. One doesn't need PDK or the lack of a dry sump to attain 3 sec 60 times, and the warranty is a silly thing to talk about. Nothing will break on these cars until 1 day after the warranty expires, it was designed that way.
I also think Porsche needs a few more models, I mean, I could use a GT2s and a GT2rsS. Add 10 hp and one of you will buy it from the factory. Porsche will even tell you they could sell dog shit in a bag.
Sooo, using your logic, F1 Drivers aren't "real driver"?

If you hate Porsche so much, why not gtfo? (and change your name while your at it). You're conflicted.
(and PS- the majority of the buyers DO care about warranty. That's why people buy new and Certified Pre Owned cars and never fark w/ aftermarket. )

Last edited by STOPPIE; 11-25-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
Stoppie, you're beginning to sound like a fanboy. Nobody likes a fanboy.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by DchaMD
Stoppie, you're beginning to sound like a fanboy. Nobody likes a fanboy.
If loving Porsche makes me a fanboy. So eff'n be it.

But I also prefer that if someone goes on a forum to make a claim that they have the ability to factually back it up.

Unless of coure if you like complete bullshit, then I've got a nice slice of land to sell ya from Indiana.

CHEAP!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
Takumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really nice
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Hey how's the weather in Japan?
Around 13-17 degree. cloudy with a slight shower.

How is the president doing in U.S.?

Old 11-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. With ease! That's freaking fast.

Btw, that vid just above w/the 911 and Viper was intense! I would love to be able to drive cars on a course like that. What a dream.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:47 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

JZ you need to relax... Why does it offend you that someone would want a PDK? Dog shit in a bag? How about fifty years of building "the" benchmark sports car that has dominated motorsports", car of the year and top 10 awards, and apparently your garage. Porsche has NEVER been in a horsepower war. If history serves itself, and it does, Porsche's have LESS power than most of it's competition and LESS weight as well. This coupled with technology such as PDK, all wheel drive, VarioCam Plus, DFI, PSM, PASM, etc make it outperform most if not all competition.

As far as your "Nothing will break on these cars until 1 day after the warranty expires, it was designed that way." comment 86% of ALL Porsche's are still roadworthy as of 2005. A survey was done for the 50th anniversary.

Quick Reply: New TT, 0-60 in 3 seconds. Freaking unbelievable.