Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012 | 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
for me the last 2 days
very cool El, is that Ti or SS?

Originally Posted by BDSK
I love how the carbon reflects in different light. It is the best looking forged carbon of any piece from AP.
+1 about lighting and my favourite is always the natural sunlight, just gorgeous and have to be seen to be appreciated. i always "liked" the gp since 1st seeing the pics online but when i 1st saw it at the boutique i went crazy. i actually went in to ask about the new 44mm carb/cer but was not impressed there.

edit: here is what i think is the best pic i took of the gp in nat sunlight close to sunset time. made sure it wasn't resized because imo it is the closest to showing how the watch ACTUALLY looks irl

i read on TZ i think that the new Schumacher watch will have a FC case but he does not want the extra piece on the non-pusher side which i think does a great job at adding to the layering/shadowing as well as sitting comfortably on the wrist to prevent sliding. looking forward to seeing that!

after meeting the RB2 the other day, i am now eager to meet the Team Alinghi ROO to examine the evolution of the carbon case and bezel with it being the 1st of its kind, versus how they are now

Last edited by boursachi; 05-26-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-26-2012 | 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by boursachi
i read on TZ i think that the new Schumacher watch will have a FC case but he does not want the extra piece on the non-pusher side which i think does a great job at adding to the layering/shadowing as well as sitting comfortably on the wrist to prevent sliding. looking forward to seeing that!
Can't wait for the Schumi!

Old 05-26-2012 | 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
^ just edited my post above, hope you enjoy the pic i added and can view it full size

as for the Schumacher piece, YES! i want to see german flag colours because .. well .. that means carbon and ceramic first for black, and then red & yellow perfect balance for me and will solve my sleepless nights unless they solely make them in gold variants (i doubt it?) i will be REALLY surprised if they don't get it REALLY REALLY right!

not too excited about the Messi piece though

btw allow me to ask two AP questions:

1. on the newer 44mm versions:
the ceramic bezel is DEFINITELY larger than the 42mm version used on say the BB, and the screws are wider apart, right? or is that an illusion?

2. on the BB, the lug/strap holders are made of what? carbon, ceramic, pvd ss?

tia

Old 05-27-2012 | 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Ali a BB MUST be Added to Your Collection

Old 05-27-2012 | 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by boursachi
^ just edited my post above, hope you enjoy the pic i added and can view it full size

as for the Schumacher piece, YES! i want to see german flag colours because .. well .. that means carbon and ceramic first for black, and then red & yellow perfect balance for me and will solve my sleepless nights unless they solely make them in gold variants (i doubt it?) i will be REALLY surprised if they don't get it REALLY REALLY right!

not too excited about the Messi piece though

btw allow me to ask two AP questions:

1. on the newer 44mm versions:
the ceramic bezel is DEFINITELY larger than the 42mm version used on say the BB, and the screws are wider apart, right? or is that an illusion?

2. on the BB, the lug/strap holders are made of what? carbon, ceramic, pvd ss?

tia
Wow that is an amazing close up of the GPC. Looks incredible. I must spread more rep..

1. Yes, the ceramic bezel is larger than the 42mm. It is 44mm after all.

2. The links are black ceramic.

Old 05-27-2012 | 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Lumma
Ali a BB MUST be Added to Your Collection
in the works as you know i honestly can't excuse a third ROO so the Panda has to make space. i don't want to commit and buy the BB first because i know i'll end up keeping the Panda

Originally Posted by BDSK
Wow that is an amazing close up of the GPC. Looks incredible. I must spread more rep..
1. Yes, the ceramic bezel is larger than the 42mm. It is 44mm after all.
2. The links are black ceramic.
thank you! haha yeah i figured it was 44 sorry if that was a dumb question i now can pinpoint my biggest peeve w/ 44s it's the ceramic bezel size + distance between the screws. a bit stingy of me to say but it'd be cool if they only used FC bezels to only LEs (not even LPs!) in the future

awesome thanks for confirming the links

Old 05-27-2012 | 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
inspired by the other thread, put on the gmtii today
love the brushed bracelet on rollies, but have to wonder why they don't use anti-ref crystal like the ones on IWCs?
IWC's watches have always stunned me irl with their dials' clarity and that is 98% due to their sapphire crystal

edit: 2nd pic should help explain

Attached Images   

Last edited by boursachi; 05-27-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2012 | 02:17 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Love my PO. Going to order a black/orange Rob Montana strap this week, should be perfect for an occasional change to a more casual look.

Old 05-27-2012 | 03:26 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
46mm Hamilton pocket watch conversion. Rocking it on a GSD black leather strap.

Attached Images   
Old 05-28-2012 | 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
i like how our subforum here isn't congested with new threads popping up so i don't think we need a 'new watch' thread. thus, new rm 011 annual calendar massa watch in carbon. LE to 30pcs.
only reason i'm posting is because of the yellow which in this watch strikes me as off balance.

fav rm i think is still 005 ti Massa

begs the question, just how many frickin watches does Felipe have named after him

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?