Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
socal and mike s,
how much would you be ready to pay for this?

am i right in thinking the $36.6k quoted price in madrid is crazy?
as with the bumblebee, i think $25.2k is what is acceptable

thoughts?

Old 04-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
socal and mike s,

thoughts?
Should be around bumblebee money or cheaper IMO...Just have patience.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
The world graphic is phenomenal on this watch, but I think that it lost some of the patek class when they engraved Patek Philippe and geneve on the bezel.

Vacheron Constantin just came out with this beauty at SIHH this year. I came across this in watch time. I think it is absolutely gorgeous. Plus, it's got more time zones.

PROFESSIONAL WATCHES? | Luxury Watch Guide: SIHH 2011 Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle World Time

Plus- It's 42.5mm
Sick.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
socal and mike s,

thoughts?
I was thinking mid to high 20's. Not more.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not much of a watch guy even if I do check this section from time to time. Anyway I stumbled upon a Glashütte watch today and I'm completely sold. Aparently it was introduced at this years Basel watch fair. I don't know the price yet and I'm not sure I want to know. All I know is I want this watch

Old 04-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Boursachi, I wouldn't go more than $28k on that. The BB is not my fave, but that other piece is amazing!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
what are everyone's thoughts on the 1957 Re-issue Speedy?

this one's local and offered at $2100, which I hope to get down a bit more still. In my search, I'm looking primarily at 1986 models (25th birthday present to myself), or vintage pre-moon landing watches, but this one just popped up and caught my interest.

I like the broad arrow hands, just not completely sure on the SS bezel... I know you guys frowned at my idea of a white faced model. There a blue faced day/date that's local as well, but to be honest, the date hand just clutters up the face too much IMHO.

Would like to hear your thoughts.
Cheers.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you should just buy the one that "talks" to you. You will know it when you A-see it, and B-put it on your wrist. When that happens, get it, because you won't get rid of it.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JeffL You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Next is Panerai 359 mid summer, is #3 on the list of things to get done this summer (first 2 are house releated otherwise it'd be #1). Goes with my "bastard" PAM 164. Really like the fake patina look of what is a non-classic model.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
what are everyone's thoughts on the 1957 Re-issue Speedy?

this one's local and offered at $2100, which I hope to get down a bit more still. In my search, I'm looking primarily at 1986 models (25th birthday present to myself), or vintage pre-moon landing watches, but this one just popped up and caught my interest.

I like the broad arrow hands, just not completely sure on the SS bezel... I know you guys frowned at my idea of a white faced model. There a blue faced day/date that's local as well, but to be honest, the date hand just clutters up the face too much IMHO.

Would like to hear your thoughts.
Cheers.

Craigger, the 3510.50 and 376.0822 are my personal favorites. When it comes to speedmasters, I prefer those with the black bezel and hardlex composite crystal. To me, these are the essentials of a true SMP.

Also, here is a guide to every watch in the Speedmaster line ever produced by Omega:

speedmaster history

Quick Reply: Your next watch