Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DavidStockholm You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Never seen this before, whats the name of the model ? I know of the safari only.
It's called Montauk Highway - Apparently it is a tribute model for the road that goes between NYC and the Hamptons..

Old 03-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DavidStockholm
Yep Safari - looks good!

This and the Ginza are my favorite ROOs.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Mike you can get one for under 10k USD if you look. I almost bought that same watch when I picked up my white faced IWC. Same deal but I backed out on the Glashutte and bought a FP Journe. I think it's cool looking. My wife thought it was a little busy. She thought a Breg Tradition would be better in that type of watch for me.
Wow - really? Given the choice between this or an IWC, answer is easy

FP Journe or this... easy answer yet again

You're not giving the Glashutte any chance

Old 03-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I still like the Glashutte Mike but that FP J priced a touch higher trumped it for sure.

That black faced ROO above has a cool looking face but I like the white face/brown strap Safari more than all the others.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I am pricing out the AP Safari at $21,800 MSRP.

The best price I can find is around $16,000.

Can anyone do better on that watch?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
SteveH we see you lurking.

We aren't in your league. Hell I'm trying to sell my 14 year old for Geoffe's White GT2RS right now otherwise I'd be emailing you about a Watch for a trade.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Dana, you can probably find a Safari for a bit less. I've seen them in the 14.5-15k range. You have to see it in person though, some people are not a fan of the dial once they see it in person.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by Barrister
I am pricing out the AP Safari at $21,800 MSRP.

The best price I can find is around $16,000.

Can anyone do better on that watch?
Possibly

Watches 24 Seven has one I believe used for $14,800 or something. I'm sure that can be had for less. If you buy it I will stop looking at it.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, see it in person first. It's not white, more of a cream color...kind of like the Ferrari color avorio. I happen to love the color personally.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ara
Dana, you can probably find a Safari for a bit less. I've seen them in the 14.5-15k range. You have to see it in person though, some people are not a fan of the dial once they see it in person.
Originally Posted by h20skier
Possibly

Watches 24 Seven has one I believe used for $14,800 or something. I'm sure that can be had for less. If you buy it I will stop looking at it.
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Yeah, see it in person first. It's not white, more of a cream color...kind of like the Ferrari color avorio. I happen to love the color personally.
Thanks guys. That is great info and advice.

Quick Reply: Your next watch