Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GrayTT
My understanding is that Mark is into many things...

Don't drop the soap

Old 07-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
moabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
moabite plz do your search over here as i wud like a pam education the numbers and the models confuse me and the prices variation on some of them more so! good luck.. the hunt and chase is soooo much fun
Finally following up on this a bit... Panerai's website is sh!t ihmo when it comes to easily browsing through the models within each collection - it could definitely use a refresh. However, the PDF catalogue they have available for download (you have to register via email to receive a secure link otherwise I would post it here) was quite helpful for me to begin to get a grasp on the numbering along with the various models. I recommend actually downloading it as they try to have you view the little digital magazine type in browser. If you're OCD like I am it's close to as annoying as their site - download and browse quickly and easily!

I'm still educating myself on them but the initial searches on Timezone etc were maddening just as boursachi mentioned. Pieces that were seemingly identical in appearance ranging in price from the mid 6s to 20+. Made no sense. Obviously a lot has to do with the movement and Titanium version etc but very unclear differentiation as you find in other brands.

I'm still enjoying the search but I believe I've narrowed it a bit. I'm definitely interested in a Luminor over Radiomir. There I'm done right? Hardly. I also want to have a date window, specifically the non-magnified version. I imagine that will narrow things down quite a bit more as the majority seem to have the magnifier. Correct me if I'm wrong but are 1950s the only Luminors with date sans magnifier?

Originally Posted by SoCal
I'm a bit of a PAM nut. Feel free to ask questions and they will be answered by someone on here.
SoCal - know of any Submersible models w/o magnifier?

Old 07-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
No. The Sub's all have (IIRC) the date magnifier window. You could get a GMT without the magnified date. What is your beef with the magnifier?

Old 07-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
What does everyone think of the Perrelet Turbine Poker 44mm?

Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 07-06-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:25 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Overpriced for that brand ^ I would spend the same money on a holy trinity watch i.e. Patek, Audemars, Jaeger,etc

Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Banned
Perrelet is a shite brand. Period. No resale, and no one I know owns one.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Perrelet is a shite brand. Period. No resale, and no one I know owns one.
+1!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
moabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond repute
No. The Sub's all have (IIRC) the date magnifier window. You could get a GMT without the magnified date. What is your beef with the magnifier?
Just being particular, I'm not preferential to the magnified look.

Those Perrelets are bogus imo.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Banned
Well, I know there are several PAM GMT's without the magnifier, and the Rolex Sea Dweller and Deep Sea SeaDweller both have dates and no magnifiers.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
appears the 305 is a submersible w/o magnifier...

Quick Reply: Your next watch