Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
funny I've got one of the Chopards but it doesn't have a lot of presence on the wrist. Titanium maybe takes away from the feel. It's also like 40mm or a little smaller I would guess so it's not as big as I like right now. Watch is cool though. I've got the rubber tire strap on mine.

I'm not a Rolex guy so I can't answer you there. I will say I like the nylon strap way more than bracelets on them. black face black nylon looks good.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I know you aren't a Rolex guy, but figured you had a Chopard. I know that Dana has one, and I prefer the brushed look of Titanium to polished steel any day.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I am a rolex guy and would choose the Chopard. It is one of my favorite Chrono's- especially in the brushed titanium.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I'd get the Rolex. Oh wait

EDIT: Seriously though, I've tried on that particular series of Chopard watches and didn't really like them. They wear a lot smaller than they actually are. The Mille Miglia with power reserve or the LE chrono with the gray dial are much better, albeit more expensive, choices.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Banned
You did get the Rolex from me? I will have yours in hand to give to you at the meet. I am looking into other ones.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
I'd get the Rolex. Oh wait

EDIT: Seriously though, I've tried on that particular series of Chopard watches and didn't really like them. They wear a lot smaller than they actually are. The Mille Miglia with power reserve or the LE chrono with the gray dial are much better, albeit more expensive, choices.
Originally Posted by SoCal
Yeah, I know you aren't a Rolex guy, but figured you had a Chopard. I know that Dana has one, and I prefer the brushed look of Titanium to polished steel any day.
I like the Ti look as well. I really think they wear smaller because of how light they are. They don't look bad on at all and I do like the watch. I just tend to wear it a lot less than most others that have more presence on my wrist.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned
That's why I will mostly wear the Deep Sea. I just need something that will actually fit under the sleeves of a button down shirt, because the Deep Sea sure won't.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by SoCal
That's why I will mostly wear the Deep Sea. I just need something that will actually fit under the sleeves of a button down shirt, because the Deep Sea sure won't.
why do you have a lot of job interviews to go on? That black nylon strap on the one you posted down plays the fact it says Rolex on it a lot. That's a nice plus.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned
Yes, very true. No, very few job interviews to go on, but I do like to wear the occasional button down, and I don't want to look like a schmuck because my watch won't fit under the sleeve. I have to agree with you about the Rolex with the nylon strap.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
The 16800 is the right choice!!!!
CongratZ!!!

Quick Reply: Your next watch